How high did YOU go???

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
miamibunnie

Re : How high did YOU go???

Postby miamibunnie » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:52 am

You asked me regarding my liver panel that is the numbers that it ranged 34 and 37. but I delivered early and I still am so hurt because the staff were mostly students and residents. This is an experience that I would never want any woman to go through.

However, the bright side to it all that I learned and am prepared to face this challenge again. I have been in the process of getting myself check and getting great doctors when I plan to get pregnant again. My plan to ttc will be after Oct 18th 2010. :)

I am aware that I was delivered soon, w/o a reason but what the excuse was that my bp was too high and my protein levels.

quote:Originally posted by brandib

I read in your grief/loss post that you had a 23 weeker and 25 weeker??? What is the 34 and 37? I just don't understand. I am also soooooooooooooo sorry for you and the pain you face daily and the fact that it is still so fresh for you. I am trying to understand why they induced you SO early if your labs were fine. I'm so sorry sweetie. So sorry.

brandib

Postby brandib » Fri Aug 27, 2010 02:36 am

I read in your grief/loss post that you had a 23 weeker and 25 weeker??? What is the 34 and 37? I just don't understand. I am also soooooooooooooo sorry for you and the pain you face daily and the fact that it is still so fresh for you. I am trying to understand why they induced you SO early if your labs were fine. I'm so sorry sweetie. So sorry.

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 08:13 pm

Brandi this is my second time getting PE, and my kindneys were fine, no hellp issue my liver enzymes were which are AST/ALT were within range the day I was induced it was 34 and 37. I was not monitored well. With my first baby I delivered her because I had a seizure.
I think since I had a seizure in my past with the first baby they were probably scared Or maybe they just wanted to get rid of me. It was an awful experience they told me I would deliver her still born and that was not the story she was born alive. In addition I delivered her on my own with my mom and husband, and no dr or nurse by site. My baby was never helped she was left to pass. With my first child it was a great hospital, level 3 and a blue ribbon hospital, meaning they specialized when it comes to preemies.

brandib

Postby brandib » Thu Aug 26, 2010 08:00 pm

I'm talking about your liver enzymes, or kidney function panel, or hellp panel. They don't induce due to protein except that its extremely high. Something else had to be wrong with your labs or CNS involvement. Were your reflexes really bad??? Did they do an Mri????

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 07:57 pm

Which order of labs are you referring to? The only thing I can say is that the hospital I was in was a disgrace, and beleive me I work there. My protein was 3+

brandib

Postby brandib » Thu Aug 26, 2010 07:48 pm

Miamibunnie-----how off were your labs???? My BP was higher than that and I was magged for a couple of days and released becasue my labs weren't bad. I'm thinking your labs had to be pretty bad.

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 07:47 pm

180/100 -the drs just induced me.

janijanis

Postby janijanis » Thu Aug 26, 2010 07:44 pm

so far 140/90

jama

Postby jama » Thu Aug 26, 2010 02:07 pm

My pressures prior to pregnancy ran about 120/80 - during pregnancy they started to average about 150/90. I had multiple trips to L&D where they were reading about 170/110. They sort of hoovered around there for a while at the end. I remember seeing 1 reading prior to getting hooked up to the mag that was 190s/120s. I was also on 1200mg of labatalol at this point as well.
I am now chronic and am on Norvasc.
No abruption for me.

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:36 am

I had placental previa. That is why I was having the discharge the morning I had her and started labor. When I saw my Internist he explained it all to me. I think mine was from my HBP.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”