Undetected Preeclampsia??

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
lilillini

Re : Undetected Preeclampsia??

Postby lilillini » Fri Oct 16, 638939 10:27 pm

I had severe PE with both pregnancies and ALWAYS had normal labs. Your BP alone should be enough of a sign that something's wrong!

sarah0381

Postby sarah0381 » Fri Oct 16, 638939 8:00 pm

I was just diagnosed with post partum pe with normal labs except my high bp....I had all of the symptoms that started during pregnancy, then after it came on full force and was put on mag for 27hrs. My obs told me it's uncommon but is possible to have pe with normal labs. Good luck to you!!!!

breannesmith55

Postby breannesmith55 » Fri Oct 16, 638939 4:38 pm

My symptoms come and go. Have they caught your bp high or just you at home? hopefully your 24 hour will come back with something and you can get the diagnosis you have been looking for. I know its frustrating when you know you have pre e. Hopefully in the future they can find another way to diagnose this bc I've had protein and elevated bp, but not at the same time.. yet.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Fri Oct 16, 638939 4:24 pm

Having high BP (anything 140/90 or above - at least 2 readings 6 hours apart) and protein over 300 is all you need to diagnose PE. Sounds like your BP is already there & once you get the 24 hour results you'll know where your protein is. Once lab work is "bad" it is very serious & you'd likely be delivered ASAP. I would make sure to ask/request that they do your 24 hour "STAT" which means in a hurry. With all your symptoms I wouldn't want to wait days for results when they could have them in hours.

Does your Dr. know about the stomach pain & vomitting? Is the pain on the right side? If that is on-going I would let them know ASAP. Upper right quadrant pain (URQ) can be HELLP which means your liver isn't doing well. Even with ok lab work yesterday HELLP can move quickly. (((HUGS)))

brandib

Postby brandib » Fri Oct 16, 638939 4:23 pm

Arighty then! Yikes! Well, that doesn't sound good to me :0( Now if your labs came back good, I'm just guessing that it could be something else like gall stones??? But all your other symptoms are very worrisome. Have they said anything about your reflexes??? Your BP's are pretty high. Are you on meds??? Did you have any issues with your first pregnancy????

swayman2202

Postby swayman2202 » Fri Oct 16, 638939 2:14 pm

Well, I am 36 weeks, so I hope they find something out SOON!!! I am currently in the middle of my 24 hour urine it will end at 4:15 today.

But my symptoms include:
Pain in the upper stomach (I have had this as early as 25 weeks I swore I was in labor but when I go to the hospital it went away and they sent me home)

Swelling of hands, face and feet
Spotted vision and sometimes things look very colorful
headaches
High Blood Pressure on at least 5 occasions the highest of those being
158/115 lowested being 147/104. Otherwise a pretty normal BP
Decreased urination
Shakiness

and when I have those stomach pains i get extremely sick and vomit almost uncontrollably.

brandib

Postby brandib » Fri Oct 16, 638939 2:01 pm

This is a tricky situation and I"m sure the ladies will be here shortly to give you more info, but I just wanted to tell you that things start to go wrong at different times. I had high BP's for weeks before the protein started going up and I was in and out of the hospital several times before my labs went crazy. I'm not saying that you have PE, I'm just saying that your labs could go off at any time including the urine. I was always trace , trace, trace, then a few +2's and then a +4 and I was delivered. Some members have had "trace" dips and their 24 hr show significant protein in their urine. That is really the only accurate way to know.

What other symptoms are you having? How far along are you??? How high is your Bp???

swayman2202

Undetected Preeclampsia??

Postby swayman2202 » Fri Oct 16, 638939 1:45 pm

Hello, my name is Shelbie. I am currently pregnant with my 2nd child and have been experincing most of the warning signs for preeclampsia. Although, my urine is not coming back with any significant amount of protien yesterday it did come back with a trace amount. They sent me to the hospital for blood work and stress test, the baby was fine and I was having contractions that went away after about an hour and a half. The blood work came back normal. But I still have most of the warning signs for preeclampsia, is it possible to have preeclampsia without actually having any abnormal lab work?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”