Bleeding throughout pregnancy

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
soontobemommyof4

Re : Bleeding throughout pregnancy

Postby soontobemommyof4 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 05:55 pm

I had some bleeding at 7 weeks, then again around 10 weeks and they found a subchronic hemotoma, then I had a bad urinary infection. Not sure if this lead to my pree but this baby is DRAMA

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sat Aug 21, 2010 05:46 pm

Probably. :)

It's an annoying disease -- a shallowly implanted placenta plus a maternal predisposition leads to a crazy over-the-top immune response that won't stop until the placenta is out. So all sorts of things can make PE more likely, and at the same time the vast majority of women with one or two of the symptoms have pretty normal pregnancies. So the care providers see something that looks a lot like this *all the time*, but the really bad cases are more rare.

brismom

Postby brismom » Sat Aug 21, 2010 05:30 pm

You have to wonder if bleeding is a warning sign that PE is around the corner. I feel like I dodged bullets until the end knowing all this now. Maybe if I knew all this when I was bleeding early on I'd had worry alot.

bernadic

Postby bernadic » Sat Aug 21, 2010 05:03 pm

I had unexplained bleeding at week 7 and then a slight rip in the placenta at week 9 that caused bleeding. It was diagnosed as a slight abruption. Then PE diagnosed at 25 weeks. Delivered at 27. Hmmm, good question!

brismom

Postby brismom » Sat Aug 21, 2010 04:01 pm

O.K. My puzzle is slooooowwllly coming together. Thanks!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Probably that doesn't lead to PE, but indicates a problem with implantation -- and problems with implantation are pretty much the definition of PE.

I know we've had a *lot* of posters with subchorionic hemorrhage, so I'm sure you'll get replies. :)

brismom

Bleeding throughout pregnancy

Postby brismom » Fri Aug 20, 2010 05:08 pm

Did anyone experience bleeding throughout their pregnancy from problems such as subchorionic hemmorhage, placenta previa, etc. that may have lead to their PE?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”