struggling right now...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
riehlism

Re : struggling right now...

Postby riehlism » Mon Jul 27, 638939 9:45 pm

That's making me anxious just thinking about it. Clearly, you're not alone. Hopefully that is at least a little comfort that the anxiety is normal. I would be very anxious too once I'm in that position again. In addition to the other suggestions, have you thought about counseling for your anxiety? Maybe a counselor can help tailor some techniques for you to help cope with all the changes and the attack of the what ifs in the coming months. Lots of luck to you. Listen to a lot of Enya and get massages. Keep us posted.

mrss

Postby mrss » Mon Jul 27, 638939 5:00 pm

I've been taking an anti-anxiety medication (Zoloft) and exercising regularly. I've cut way down on the dosage now that I'm in the third trimester and I've noticed an increase in my anxiety symptoms. The first couple of decreases were okay, but I've noticed a difference with this last one. I was hoping to stop it entirely soon to reduce the risks of dependence for the baby, but I'm not sure the people around me (DH and DS) would appreciate it very much. I'm very short tempered and irritable when I'm anxious.

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Mon Jul 27, 638939 11:17 am

jules- I hear you- I have my 20 week ultrasound next week- and I am nervous about it instead of being excited to find out the sex right now- those weeks 20-30 really scare me with this pregnancy. For me, this pregnancy I have kept up my exercising, I walk and swim everyday- that seems to help me relax.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Thu Jul 16, 638939 4:47 pm

Im there. I am on zoloft. I have to say I think it helps. When I start to freak, I just remind myself that no matter how much I freak out or worry, it will not change one thing about my outcome whatever it may be. (((HUGS)))

kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Thu Jul 16, 638939 4:45 pm

Jules, I don't have any sage advice for the anxiety, I'm sure I will be a mess too if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant again in the future. One loss has just about killed me, but two- I don't want to think about it. I just want to say I'm thinking about you. No baby will ever replace Alice, but I'm really hoping things go smoothly for you this time and you have someone to hold in your arms and tell him/her about her big sister.

glimmer

Postby glimmer » Thu Jul 16, 638939 1:46 pm

I know how it is. I have been there. That's really all I can say.
The one-day-at-a-time philosophy helps some. I wouldn't rule out
meds. In my case renting TV series helped to keep my mind occupied
for a while. Thinking of you.

kbielec

Postby kbielec » Wed Jul 15, 638939 6:10 pm

I don't know if you are ever not going to worry. I actually discussed this with my MFM when I had a preconception appt. Told her that I knew I'd be very anxious and that was not going to help my BP or the situation, and I asked her what we'd do...she said if I got so worried that I was too anxious she'd give me a low dose of a safe anxiety medication (I was on one after I lost my daughter and it really helped me)...
Hang in there - do some yoga, or some light exercise to release the tension...I know how you feel, I am going to feel the same way, heck, I have anxiety this week about my test being positive. It's a weird place - happy, excited and scared all at the same time.

jules2

struggling right now...

Postby jules2 » Wed Jul 15, 638939 4:44 am

I am 21 weeks pregnant, and since I had the 20 week scan a week ago I basically have not been sleeping. This pregnancy feels a lot more "real" all of the sudden, and now I am thinking about what it would be like to go through fulminating pre-eclampsia and HELLP again and lose another baby. I don't know how I could possibly handle that; I'm not sure I have really (will ever really?) recover from what happened to Alice and I last time.

Anyone have any suggestons for dealing with this sort of anxiety? I have the uterine artery dopplers booked in soon and am worried about that too.

Best wishes xx

Return to “Ask the Experienced”