struggling right now...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
catherine
Forum Moderator

Re : struggling right now...

Postby catherine » Thu Oct 15, 638939 8:08 am

The only thing that worked for me in the middle of the night was to keep saying to myself.

"Today, my BP is fine, there's no evidence that this baby isn't doing well, I've no headache and I feel OK. Tomorrow is tomorrow but today has been a 'growing and thriving day..an investment in the bank against what is to come."

It didn't always work but recognizing that I wasn't acutely experiencing PE in those moments did help. I think that you should also recognize that you are reacting to the knowledge that "cusp of viability" is just that. It's a hypothetical that isn't always worth as much as we would want it to. Consequently your anxiety is probably going to peak around 23-28 weeks and after that, all things staying on track, it will hopefully ease somewhat as you continue to progress.

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Mon Aug 31, 638939 11:47 pm

quote:Originally posted by jules2[/i
Jules your baby is feeling good...keep a positive attitude and things will in its place..smile rest laugh read shop..do anything that can keep your mind occupied :)

]Thanks everyone - you women are so supportive xx

I never expected to enjoy pregnancy (I didn't even enjoy the first one much TBH - some women don't) and actually feel ok most of the day, just can't sleep well. I keep telling myself the baby is probably feeling better than I am right now!

xx

jules2

Postby jules2 » Sun Aug 30, 638939 6:05 pm

Thanks everyone - you women are so supportive xx

I never expected to enjoy pregnancy (I didn't even enjoy the first one much TBH - some women don't) and actually feel ok most of the day, just can't sleep well. I keep telling myself the baby is probably feeling better than I am right now!

xx

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Sun Aug 30, 638939 12:39 pm

Hang in there Jules, think positive. I am also planning to try again in a few months. It must be scary because you are getting close to the date of your last delivery. I am saying this because I will be a nervous wreck right about 22 weeks. Just hoping that I can at least make it to 32 would make me a little better. I would suggest to get lots of rest, eat well, and don't stress things. At least you are aware of all the signs and with our support we are here to support you. :)

quote:Originally posted by jules2

I am 21 weeks pregnant, and since I had the 20 week scan a week ago I basically have not been sleeping. This pregnancy feels a lot more "real" all of the sudden, and now I am thinking about what it would be like to go through fulminating pre-eclampsia and HELLP again and lose another baby. I don't know how I could possibly handle that; I'm not sure I have really (will ever really?) recover from what happened to Alice and I last time.

Anyone have any suggestons for dealing with this sort of anxiety? I have the uterine artery dopplers booked in soon and am worried about that too.

Best wishes xx

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Thu Aug 20, 638939 9:35 pm

This is one very big reason why we are here, Jules -- subsequent pregnancies are utterly nervewracking until about six weeks postpartum.

Every once in a while, someone will plantively post a question about how she can relax and enjoy a subsequent pregnancy. And everyone breaks it gently to her that she really can't, sorry. (I am convinced this is mostly a function of social pressure, with other people telling you all about a blissful glowing nine months of content planning for the future. LOL!)

Hang in there. Holler for anything -- sometimes the chat function even still works, and people who get it are all over this site.

m

Postby m » Thu Aug 06, 638939 9:18 pm

It's hard not to worry all the time - I would suggest just trying to stay busy. During my second pregnancy I worked on lots of little projects I had been putting off. Also, like glimmer said, I rented lots of DVDs. It may not seem like it now, but the time will go by quickly!

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Tue Jul 28, 638939 11:53 pm

For anti-anxiety sheesh, I couldn't say. It is hard to say what really works on the Mom and how it affects the baby. My anxiety and depression has gotten so bad I can't take the same med everyday but since we are TTC I have had to stop all that worked so I am too struggling. Maybe I will start a new topic......coming.

brismom

Postby brismom » Tue Jul 28, 638939 10:42 pm

Anxiety is really tough. Try yoga.
Last edited by brismom on Tue Sep 17, 639563 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Tue Jul 28, 638939 8:21 pm

Jules...I wear your shoes but not pregnant now. My only advice is to stay on top of things and report anything that is out of place. Other then that, enjoy your pregnancy. One thing I have found that helps is journaling each day. I write it down and find something to occupy myself. It is scary but I know I wil have to stay calm for my BP. Anything I can do, let me know.

jmom08

Postby jmom08 » Tue Jul 28, 638939 8:53 am

I started seeing a counselor before getting pregnant again, and continued seeing her throughout my 2nd pregnancy. That really helped me -- to have a sounding board for my concerns, to help me figure out how I was reacting to things & how to better cope, to just listen. I really feel that she helped me stay (more) sane the second time around. My MFM was also great about offering more frequent appointments to care for "from here up" (gesturing toward neck upward). :) I hope that you can get some help & relief with sleeping, hugs!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”