scared about ttc

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
naomihope427

Re : scared about ttc

Postby naomihope427 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:00 am

Hi Anne!

Thank you for posting, I am so sorry you had gone through this horrible thing with all of us as well. But I am so happy your little one made it!

I have severe preeclampsia too, I think I had it alot earlioer tbut before it was caught it was too late, was admitted on a Friday, and endedu p having my daughter that Monday due to very high protein levels and blood pressure & swelling up like a huge hot air balloon. Unforntely, my little angel didn't make it, born 1 lb 12 oz, survived 35 days, I am very proud & thankful that I got the chance to meet her.

I am now 28 weeks pregnant as of today, had my daughter at 28 weeks last year at this time. So me making it here is a HUGE milestone with many more to go, I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with mild preeeclampsia. But I have read many stories where women make it to full term ! SO that keeps me going! I suggest going to get tested like the other mommies have aaid for any underlying issues & thigns like that. I believe things will all work out!

I understand being very scared about it all, i am too. But I am just hoping & praying for the best! Bless you!

bernadic

Postby bernadic » Fri Jul 30, 2010 09:43 am

Hi Anna and Welcome. I was like you. I had PE at 25 and made it 2 weeks in the hospital on bedrest. My son was 830 grams. We spent 3 months in the NICU and have had 3 surgeries too. My son is great and will be 4 this December. I am still on bp meds so my case is a bit different than the other ladies. The MFM told me that I had a 40% chance of reocurance since I am still on bp meds. We decided to TTC. However, I had infertility issues with my son and have them again but worse so that is preventing us from becoming pg again. The shot I was told about and the other women here can give you their experience is a blood thinner. I was told if I became pg that I would be on low dose asprin until more meds were needed. Go and talk to the dr. Not every dr has the same thought process. He can also test for underlying disorders that may have caused your PE and give your more info that way. Good luck!

kellikbock

Postby kellikbock » Fri Jul 30, 2010 09:38 am

Hi there. Wow, your story with your son has a great outcome, that is such a blessing.
When you went to the MFM did they talk about looking for underlying conditions? I know that my friend who developed PE at 27weeks then HELLP at 28 weeks & had to deliver, found that she had a clotting disorder. During her second pregnancy, she gave herself shots & she made it full term with her daughter with no problems.
I think that it's wise to see another doctor. Unfortunately, some doctors see us coming and want to hide, lol. I have seen two doctors & have one appointment coming up because I want to feel confident with my medical providers.
I'm sure that other women here definately can relate more to your situation & will chime in soon.

annas.

scared about ttc

Postby annas. » Fri Jul 30, 2010 09:25 am

Hi. I'm new here but I've been reading all your posts and I feel like you would all understand. I gave birth to my DS in May 2006. I was hospitalized at 25 wks with severe preeclampsia - my bp was at 196/120. They told me I was 24hrs away from a major stroke. My son was born exactly two weeks later at 27 weeks weighing 710 grams. He was in the NICU for 4 months and he's now 4 years old. He's had so far 5 surgeries but he's a realy champ - he's doing so well - still a little small but going strong. He's my hero. So, here I am - four years later thinking of having "maybe" another baby. My baby was born in Canada and the high risk doctor told me (about one year later), yes, we can ttc again and that at the 8th week, I would have to give myself a shot and hopefully that would bring the pregnancy up to 30 weeks - I forgot the name of this shot. I'm now living here in the USA and I went for another opinion and the high risk doctor didn't talk about a shot of any sort. He flat out told me women that have preeclampsia as severe as I did, there chances of reoccurance is 60% and maybe carry the baby to 29 wks. I'm going for another opinion at **** in Boston as a last shot at this. Have any of you gone through anything similar? Did you still go for it? Did you give yourself shots? How successful was it? Any insight would be so much appreciated. Thank you so much ahead of time.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”