Out of the hospital/Mild PreE

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
naomihope427

Re : Out of the hospital/Mild PreE

Postby naomihope427 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 06:11 pm

A MFM is a Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor (basically a high risk doctor or perinatoligst). I still have my regular ob, he is my main doctor but I see my high risk because obviously I am high risk becuase of my past history. He would have let me go as his patient, but my baby has RPD (renal pelvic dilation) -fluid in her kidneys, it is still prominent so he is watching that.

suzieq8204

Postby suzieq8204 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 04:42 pm

What is MFM? And why do you have a MFM and an OB dr?

naomihope427

Postby naomihope427 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 01:24 pm

I do not know how I felt at 15-18 weeks, I cant remember, but I would say I felt fine, normal maybe? See with my pregnacny with Naomi (1st pregnancy) maybe around 20 weeks i had that feeling something wasnt right, I had a LOT of back pain, and later on swelling that just was not right, and I was very small for my dates but of course my **** doctor said all that was normal-normal? BS! I had swelling and just felt off for quite somet time until I got very sick thats when the protein showed up +2 and then the bp all at my last 28 week apt that was when I was admitted. And her Naomi 3 days later.

Now with this pregnancy, I would say I feel alot better than I did with the other one, but I still feel like sometihng will go wrong, I can't help that feeling because of all my heartache from my first pregnancy & losing my daughter. I had had a couple of headaches daily that, but no swelling, or bp issues what so ever.

Now when I wad admitted into hospital, my nurse admitted me for 24 hr observation just to let me see her movements and get aquianted with them and got blood work and 24 hr done. Then with the 516 or whatever it was, my doctor was very alarmed, but yet not once did I have a high bp reading in hospital, slight headaches, no swelling, no vision disturbacnes. But I was GLAD they kept me and was monitoring me and baby. Also baby was and is doing very well too. But I didnt complain about being there because I would have rather them catch it early then way too late.

But now, I had my MFM the other day, told him about my hospital stay because he didnt get papers saying that I was ther (I dont care for him much at all-but too late to swtich) but he says I dont have mild pre E (told him my ob diagnosed me with mild pre E). Because I do not have the high bp readings or any other symptoms. and says its possible from prior preg or kidney stuff. But I was tested for that & underlying issues all came bk negative. So who knows, but I feel pretty good tho otherwise.

I am sorry you are stuck in hospital this long, thats odd they wont release you until protein is gone, yet they are just taking precaution I can see. I was sent home with monitoring and going more often to drs. So if anything changed id bring myself back to hospital. On Tuesday, I will get PIH labs redone again and 24 hr urine in my OB office, so we shall see . But so far I have been doing the urine strips -negative all the time. I wish you the ebst of luck and hopefully they wil release you soon!!

suzieq8204

Postby suzieq8204 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:01 am

breanne, I am not exactly sure how I was feeling at 15-18 weeks I know I had a few high BP but as far as I know my stirps at the office were fine. They knew my history the first day I went in to the office. :) Although this is a different dr then I had with my first two babies. I do know that at 24 weeks they had me do a 24 hr urine test and the dr said I had some protein but not bad that all pregnant women have some. But I dont know the exact number. But I was sent home on bed rest. about two weeks later at 26 weeks I was in L&D for a headache that I could not get rid of and they ended up sending me to the Hospital that had a NICU and I have been here since. and the dr here will not let me go home until the protein is gone! when I got here my protein was 398 and it is now 331.

I never had to ask my dr for any extra test or anything infact because of my dr I know more about Pree then I ever did with my first two. I wish you the best of luck and if you have any questions you are at the right place for help and support. :) If I were you I would request another test and I would request a little closer look. But they also say they dont find pree until after 20 weeks of pregnancy. I am not sure how true this is because I know you are not the first one with symptoms this early on here.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:03 am

Breanne Im sorry they will not repeat your 24 hour urine! With your history that surprises me. Can you just head to L&D? Or call and demand? Sometimes you have to be stern with them a bit! I hope you get the care you need!

breannesmith55

Postby breannesmith55 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 08:08 am

suzie q and jill. Just curious how you both felt between 15-18 weeks? I am 17 weeks and am having some symptoms, but my blood pressure is fine. I think its great that you are getting monitored so closely and able to cook your babies longer. Be thankful your obs care. Mine says none of my symptoms are relevant unless my blood pressure is over 140/90. He won't even repeat my 24 hour and I have +1. I don't want to live at the hospital or anything but a close watch would be nice. Did you guys have to speak up or were they just concerned with your protein levels/ headaches/ swelling (I am having all of these)

suzieq8204

Postby suzieq8204 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:05 pm

I wish you the best of luck even though I am a little jealous that after a two week stay you got to go home. :) My protein is lower then urs but they are keeping me in the hospital and I have been here since June 18. I was 26 weeks. I am not 32 weeks. and praying they let me go home at 34 weeks. I have no major symptoms they keep telling me that my BP is good and the baby looks good we weighed the baby on Monday and he weighed 4lbs. and they said the fluid and heart rate was looking good. but are still keeping me. So if you go in I would not be suprised to stay. If I were you I would prepare for the worse and hope for the best. I am sure the worse right now would be staying in the hospital. :) I wish you the best of luck and keep us informed.

kellikbock

Postby kellikbock » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:39 pm

just checking in to see how you're doing & if you got answers or news from your doctor yet....hope that all it well!

naomihope427

Postby naomihope427 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 07:37 pm

Oh gotcha Laura, makes more sense! & Jamie! I was hoping to hear from you! I hope all is well!! Okay, I will definitely have a little bag packed then when I go to & from appointments. That makes sense. because I do know things can change at any point in time. So far so good, I go to my MFM appointment next Tuesday. Thats the big one from now! :)

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Tue Jul 27, 2010 03:57 pm

Hi Jill,

Yeah, they absolutely may keep you at every appointment from now on. For me - I went to my 29 week appt and got admitted the antenatal unit. Then discharged 2 days later. At my 30 week appt I was readmitted again for 3 days - then discharged. Then at around 31 weeks I was admitted until I delivered. actually, every appt I went to after 28 weeks required a hospital stay as well. The good news - I made it to 36 + weeks! I was always admitted due to both my BP and my protein. However on hospital bed rest my BPs were awesome for the first few weeks - but I was still there for the duration.

So you may want to bring a bag with some stuff (like books, clothes etc) for if you do need to go back for another stay. Better to have the bag and not need it than other way around.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”