Severe Early Onset PE Ladies

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
kbielec

Re : Severe Early Onset PE Ladies

Postby kbielec » Wed Sep 19, 638936 9:45 am

I too had early onset HELLP. I had an emergency C-section after a night of H*ll after I'd been in the hospital for a week. They thought it was "an upset stomach" at first and even gave me a shot to help me not vomit - by 6am they were calling my husband and Annabelle was here. I was in the ICU for 4 days - none of which I remember...and then in the hospital another 5...she lived for 13 days. I have been given the green light to try again by my MFM...nervous yes, aware - maybe too much! But, guess I'll never know unless I try. Welcome to this forum - the ladies are great here and I learn a lot and gain a lot of hope.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Mon Aug 27, 638936 8:19 am

Can I ask why you were put on bed rest at 14 weeks?

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Mon Aug 27, 638936 6:15 am

July of 2008 I delivered my firstborn at 25+2 via classical emergency (crash) c-section due to severe PE/HELLP. I never had a chance to get the steroids to help mature her lungs. She died 10 days after birth. My BP has never went back to normal. I got pregnant with my secondborn less than 6 months after having Kylie. I delivered her via c-section at 36+3 due to low amniotic fluid. I didn't get preeclampsia or hellp with my second pregnancy. I was on BP meds, DHA, baby aspirin, and calcium. I was put on partial bedrest at 14 weeks. I plan to start TTC baby #3 within the next few months.

rachelc

Postby rachelc » Sun Aug 26, 638936 9:43 pm

I do have some slight residual problems that are more annoying than anything. I have slight weakness in my right arm/hand and have occassional tingling in my fingers. I am currently on bp medication but, I am currently working on losing weight and improving my diet. I hope that those things will help my bp.

riehlism

Postby riehlism » Sat Aug 25, 638936 12:10 pm

Tiffany, you mentioned you did everything differently. Do you have time to elaborate? Happy newborning.

anonpreemiemom

Postby anonpreemiemom » Sat Aug 25, 638936 11:13 am

Responding late because I have a very fussy 3 week old and get no time anymore!

So in 2005 I had severe pre-e and Class I HELLP, symptoms and extreme swelling beginning around 23-24 weeks and I delivered my son at 28 weeks at 2 lbs 1oz. ICU for 3 days PP because of the severity of the HELLP.

Pregnancy #2 this year was really a picture perfect pregnancy with delivery at 39 weeks of a 7lb 4oz boy.

Night and day pregnancies. In my blog (link below) I do talk about things i did differently. And I did pretty much everything differently. Would I ever swear that such and such was the reason for the better outcome? No, but I do think they helped. I just will never know to what extent

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Wed Aug 15, 638936 7:37 am

lizzie82, I had a high afp test for OSB. I also had horrible swelling and within 2 days of delivering I llost 37 pounds of fluid which would have been my pre-pregnancy weight.

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Wed Aug 15, 638936 4:30 am

Well Ive never got close to term before. When I delivered at 35 weeks I stopped at 34 because well I could feel myself just getting worse and knew I would be delivering soon. If I wouldve still taken my shot that morning though they have something they can give you before surgery. With my 3rd when I delivered him while in the hospital on bedrest I stopped the night they hooked me up to the Mag.
I have a Protein S Deficiency, Antithrombin 3 and homocysteine. So I am on Folic Acid everyday for the rest of my life but not on any kind of thinner outside of pregnancy. I do have to go back to the Hemotologist soon to make sure my levels are close to what they were last time and no additional treatment needs done now but havent had time. So for now all I know is im supposed to take Amino Acid everyday.
Oh and my BP has usually gone straight down after Ive delivered (within the 1st week) with my last pregnancy it sort of took me a little longer but now I am back down and am even getting readings of 96/54 (i am now 8 months out)

lizzie82

Postby lizzie82 » Tue Aug 14, 638936 8:10 pm

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear about your little boy, it is such an awful thing to go through.
I had felt very poorly throughout all of my first pregnancy, sickness, terrible indigestion, backache etc. I also gained alot of weight very quickly even in the first trimester, despite the fact that I was eating less due to being sick. Once my little girl was delivered it was clear that I had been swelling for ages as I shrunk very quickly! I don't have a success story for you but I am currently 19 + 4 ish and feel so well (touch wood). I am on low dose aspirin and so far have just got a bump, I am no bigger else where. I don't know if anybody else had this, but in my previous pregnancy I also had a raised AFP level. She was checked for spina bifida. I now know this can be a marker for poor placental function. My blood tests have all come back low risk this time so I am praying this is a good sign.
Lizzie

frogibe

Postby frogibe » Tue Aug 14, 638936 4:16 am

I haven't obviously had baby #2 yet...or even pregnancy #2, but as far as the hypertension goes...I had very normal BP before I was pregnant, ran about 117/70. When I got pregnant it slowly went up, so they thought I had Gestational Hypertension...well at my 6 week PP appointment I was running 150/90 and diagnosed with chronic hypertension. Now I am medicated...and it runs 120/70...so all is good in the world of BP for now. I do know that I will be on baby aspirin and BP meds next pregnancy.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”