No more children?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
katznkt

Re : No more children?

Postby katznkt » Sat Jul 24, 2010 08:01 pm

We are happy with our two happy girls. I haven't completely ruled out another pregnancy because I am so young and I don't know how I will feel in 5-10 years. But right now we are not even considering it. I am done with bed rest and the stress!

mamatashag

Postby mamatashag » Sat Jul 24, 2010 07:20 pm

We decided that two difficult pregnancies were enough so I got my tubes tied with my c-section. My daughters weren't that early (34wks/4days and 35 wks/2 days) and pe wasn't the only factor in our decision, but we are happy with what we decided. We made the decision that if we do want more children later on we will adopt.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Sat Jul 24, 2010 03:11 pm

such a hard decision! I am 95% sure Lou will be our only living child. after losing vincent at 22 weeks, then being hospitilized with Lou at 29 weeks, I just don't think I could do it. I would love to have another, and my OB did tell me to be in touch if we ever want to go again. My reason for not getting pregnant again is 100% PE. I cant afford the tiem off work I would need to be on bedrest and I would not be able to emotionally handle losing another baby.

We'll see if the amnesia kicks in and ever makes me remove this IUD!

nbjazmin

Postby nbjazmin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 00:20 am

my husband says no more (four early mc's and pe this time,not yet delivered but am 35.5 weeks)...if I am well post delivery and I am good and baby is good I would love another, which at my age, with my history, it's crazy!

alexa5

Postby alexa5 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 08:08 am

I have only had one, but am okay with that. It is not so much about the pre-e pregnancy, because quite honestly it wasn't all that bad for me even though I had severe pre-e (it hit pretty suddenly and then I was induced, so I didn't really have to wait around long--plus my son did really well even though he needed NICU). But I just think one child keeps me busy enough, I don't think I want to have another. I have my age to consider, and I do have to consider that I would probably get pre-e again. Plus this time my bp eventually went back down to normal, but I fear in a future pregnancy it wouldn't. I really like not being on meds :-)

I can see how it would be a hard decision if you really wanted a larger family. Now, Brandi, as for you, your pregnancy was so difficult, I have to say you are one brave chic for considering more :-) Not that I am saying you shouldn't--just saying, I know that type of pregnancy would have scared the daylights out of me!

brandib

Postby brandib » Wed Jul 21, 2010 01:47 am

I've had Pe three times. It was the worst with my first. I had severe PE and Hellp. My family didn't want me to have anymore, but I've had two more since then and horrible pregnacies everytime. My last one was harder than I could have imagined. My MfM and my cardiologist suggested that I stop, but now I don't know. I've always wanted a large family. I hate this disease. It's not fair that we want more children and because of preeclampsia we have to stop or fear pregnancy to such a horrible extent. My family threatened to kill my husband if I get pregnant again. They are scared. I understand that you can never predict what can happen and I could lose my life in a later pregnancy or a child, but who ever knows about anything. What if I went on to have good pregnancies??? I'd hate to never have another one out of fear. I know it would cause MAJOR drama in my family if I did. A very good friend of the family just had me in tears yesterday, yelling at me saying " how could you be so selfish to want more kids. you kids won't have a mom." etc. It's SOOOOOO hard to deal with! ( this started as an argument about abortion. I"m against, she is pro.)

katep83

Postby katep83 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 07:49 pm

Seems like PE can really stop a family in its tracks, as far as having more kids. I was considering having my tubes tied, but I'm going back and forth about it. My husband has offered to have a vasectomy, but he's only 23. I keep telling him if something were to happen to me and he gets remarried, he will regret that decision. My ex husband's ex-wife basically bullied him into a vasectomy and we went through * and tons of money to get pregnant with my girls. I would never want someone to go through that. So I don't want him to get one, at least not at his age.

Almost every time I talk to my mom about my pregnancy, she pretty much begs me not to have any more kids. Should probably quit while I'm ahead...

kellyo19

Postby kellyo19 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 05:48 pm

I had PE/IUGR with my daughter, but didn't know it at the time. I had PIH with my son and that dr found my PE/IUGR history in the records. After the stress of 2 difficult pregnancies, we're not having any more. I would be okay with a 3rd if my pregnancies were easier, but there's no way to know, and my husband doesn't want to risk my health, and my 2 kids need their mom, so we're done. My husband had the big V a few months ago and sometimes I wonder "what if" but emotionally, I just can't go thru it again.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:00 am

I was done after I had my first. Time healed that wound and we had Sara 6 1/2 years later. Since I had an awesome dr with Sara, We got Cate. I would love a 4th. No more.

suzieq8204

Postby suzieq8204 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:57 pm

P.S. my husband is 4 years younger then me as well he is not even in his mid 20s. SO I understand where you are coming from. I just suggest you talk to him and make sure you guys are on the same page. And wish you the best of luck. :)

Return to “Ask the Experienced”