Labs are in...i need help!***UPDATE at bottom***

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
kbielec

Re : Labs are in...i need help!***UPDATE at bottom***

Postby kbielec » Sun Jul 22, 638936 10:25 pm

Congrats! Glad mother and baby are doing well!!

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Thu Jul 12, 638936 9:08 pm

Congrats! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and I hope you are both home together soon.

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Thu Jul 12, 638936 9:42 am

congrats- glad you went in on Friday. I think we all feel that way- we don't even realize we are that sick until it is all over.

Glad he is doing so well and you are feeling better

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Wed Jul 11, 638936 10:23 pm

Glad you are both doing so well now!!! Congrats!! :)

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Wed Jul 11, 638936 7:07 pm

Congrats!!! So happy he is doing well! Hopefully it wont be a very long NICU stay!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Wed Jul 11, 638936 11:15 am

Congratulations! I'm so glad you got attentive care and your boy is here!

nbjazmin

Postby nbjazmin » Wed Jul 11, 638936 11:10 am

so great! congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jordyjsmom

Postby jordyjsmom » Wed Jul 11, 638936 5:19 am

Well, i went to see my Dr on Friday and ended up being admitted. I was on hospital bedrest for 2 days and my blood pressure was still above 180/100 and i still had a headace. So, on Sunday afternoon they decided enough was enough and since i was 35 weeks it was time for baby.

Kingston Michael was born at 35wks 1day on July 19th at 6:28am. He is 6lbs and 19.5 inches long. Everyone in the NICU comments on how big he is for 35 weeks but he looks SO tiny. Everyone in the delivery room thought he looked to be around 5lbs. The NICU doc and my OB were amazed when the scale said 6.

He had a bit of a rough start and was on the vent for the first day but he came off of it that same night and has been fine ever since. He is still there working on feeding though. He wasn't all that interested the first 2 times but he did awesome last night. They think that he will continue to improve as my milk comes in. I went in to another feeding that night just to do some skin to skin while they fed him and as soon as i put him on my chest he started rooting around and fussing for something to eat.

I was terrified of the NICU because of the experience we had with DS1. They expected these tiny babies to eat more food and more frequently than a full term baby. Things have changed DRASTICALLY in that department since then and i'm much more pleased with our experience this time. We are hoping he will be home early next week.

I feel 100 times better. I didn't realize how sick i was until i felt better. Blood pressure has been great since delivery and all in all i'm happy that we have a healthy beautiful boy.

mamatashag

Postby mamatashag » Sun May 13, 638936 10:15 am

I am in the exact same situation as you right now--same protein levels, same bp's, and same point in the pregnancy. I was admitted for hospital bedrest yesterday though. I'm waiting right now to see if my protein levels have changed drastically since yesterday right now. My daughter was born at 34wks/4 days too, so I know what you mean about wanting to avoid the NICU. On the plus side, since being in the hospital my bp has been more steady and my swelling has gone way down (to my eyes at least!). Did you end up getting admitted to the hospital today?

nbjazmin

Postby nbjazmin » Thu May 03, 638936 9:06 am

Good luck Bethany, I wish I could give an informed opinion but I don't have the experience! Just hoping you will be feeling better and that they baby is also doing well.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”