I finally know what the deal is...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
glimmer

Re : I finally know what the deal is...

Postby glimmer » Tue Jan 31, 638936 3:08 pm

Oh, 190/110 is very high BP. I think once get's delivered with two readings this high at any time of the day. What are your BPs?

glimmer

Postby glimmer » Tue Jan 31, 638936 3:06 pm

Hi Suzie,

I am a bit surprised. I never heard of the protein being the last stage.
One can have high protein due to an underlying kidney condition and not
related to preeclampsia at all. Protein by itself (even as much as 17000)
is not a reason to deliver as far as I know. It's the high BP that dangerous,
not the protein. The protein is a consequence and if there is no underlying condition, the kidneys will wirk normally brifley after delivery. Maybe somebody more knowledgable will come around, but I am a bit about what tgey told you. Keep asking - beng informed is the best thing to do.

kqkitty

Postby kqkitty » Tue Jan 31, 638936 10:58 am

I think every situation is different but I was allowed home bed rest because my BP was stable lying down (no meds needed), my 24 hour protein was 400 (their cut off for hospital bed rest was 500), and my baby was measuring ahead of schedule even. I had to monitor my BP and protein at home using dipsticks and go to the OB once a week for monitoring there. Each time I had my bag packed because I knew if my BP was up or my protein dipped too high, I'd be in the hospital. I had to make 2 trips to L&D to run tests when I was feeling especially bad, but everything miraculously worked out.

I think sometimes they are concerned about your ability to be on strict bed rest at home, too. I am a first time mom and my husband works from home, so they weren't concerned about my ability to stay lying down 24/7 at home.

I noticed you have 2 little ones already. Maybe they are also trying to be realistic about your ability to take care of them and stay lying down all the time.

As awful as bed rest is (hospital or otherwise), I made it to full term (37 weeks) from 29 weeks, so hang in there!

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Tue Jan 31, 638936 10:17 am

Im glad you are in a safe place! I did not know protein was towards the end of PE...interesting!

suzieq8204

I finally know what the deal is...

Postby suzieq8204 » Tue Jan 31, 638936 4:25 am

I know why they are keeping me beacause of the protein. I went and got my Sonogram and talked to the dr and asked her if there was not any way to monitor my protein from my own home! And she said that it is harder, and that the reason they are so worried is because the protein is the last stage of preeclampsia! And here they are monitoring my BP and if my BP goes up to 190/110 during the night they will need to take the baby right away. But the big thing I learned was that the protein is the last stage and that is why they are keeping me and watching me. because it can go from mild to sever and with it being the last stage they are more worried. :) It is good to be informed

Return to “Ask the Experienced”