a little upset and need some support!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
glimmer

Re : a little upset and need some support!

Postby glimmer » Mon Jan 30, 638936 3:36 am

I would think that on Medicate they would minimize hospital stays?
Who knows? Do you have a doc who could monitor you as outpatient?
Now, by no means do I think you should do this, but just to give you full infomration - you can leave a hospital after signing a form saying you are leaving "against medical advice". And yes, I have done that before. But - I am not quite sure how they would react once you have to go in again, either because of symptoms or delivery. Is there another hospital you go go to?

alexa5

Postby alexa5 » Fri Jan 20, 638936 4:14 am

I had regular insurance.

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Fri Jan 20, 638936 2:04 am

It's possible. I know that when I was admitted, my doc said that unless I was on mag. sulfate, it might be hard to get my insurance to pay for my stay. I didn't have a problem being on mag. because my BP always spiked at night and I was afraid to go home and have a seizure.

suzieq8204

Postby suzieq8204 » Fri Jan 20, 638936 1:32 am

MEDICADE??? Could this be the reason I am staying here? My husband and I were talking the other night and his mom has been in and out of the hospitals for the last few months for chest pains. they finally figured out that she needed stints and now she as anxsity. But she has no insurance. Most hospitals would release her and not even know what was going on or why she was having problems. But would releasse her. And I have medicade and they wont let me go home. I am not sure what kind of insurance most of you lady's have if any. But could this be a big reason why they might be keeping me??

alexa5

Postby alexa5 » Thu Jan 19, 638936 1:02 pm

I feel your pain, and sorry you are going through this. Not that I am a doctor, but I am a bit surprised they are keeping you there. I didn't have bedrest before delivery because my pre-e hit suddenly at 33 weeks, so I was induced. But my postpartum experience felt like what you have described. Granted I did have high bp, but no other PP pre-e symptoms, and they just kept keeping me there....and I, too, hated the fact there were so many doctors, not very clear communication, etc, etc. I missed my doc so much (he had to transfer me to the teaching hospital with the NICU). I ended up calling him to ask how to get out of the hospital, and he said to tell them he would monitor me outpatient, and that did the trick. Thank goodness...I was so miserable there, and hated not having "one" person in charge of my care. Good luck!

suzieq8204

Postby suzieq8204 » Wed Jan 18, 638936 2:10 pm

lilillini: I am not sure why they are keeping me for just the protein other then the fact that it can jump high in no time and with out no warning. But you can see my frustration about staying. I mean Everything they do here other then come check on me ever four hours or come put their heads in my door ever hour cuz I am not calling them. I can do at my own house. I can take my own BP at home and record it. my husband can drive me to the dr twice a week to get sonograms or whatever. I can pee in a jug at home once a week. I dont understand why I cant do these things at home either.

They let me go to group with all the other moms. which if I was at home I would be in my house doing my own scrap booking or sewing my curtins for my room, instead of with people around. But I like it that way. lol

suzieq8204

Postby suzieq8204 » Wed Jan 18, 638936 2:02 pm

I am 28 weeks. I am due Sept 27, 2010.

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Mon Jan 09, 638936 4:53 pm

How many weeks are you?

quote:Originally posted by SuzieQ8204

Okay I have been in the hospital for three weeks now. I have done three 24 hr urine test and they results from start to the last one was 398, 427, and yesterdays was 521. I can see that they are going up. However my blood work seems to becoming back fine and the rest of my test seems to be doing good so far. my BP is low every once in awhile it is slightly elevated but I know that is could be way worse then it is.

I am just not sure I really understand why they are keeping me here. as long as I am on bed rest I am doing fine. I dont feel bad or sick or anything else. I have a few headaches but I think those are from sleeping so much. and when I cry of course I have a headache. and it is so hard not to cry when the nurses come in or the drs come in to tell me results are fine or okay. I know that is can change really quickly from being mild to sever. but what are those chances it is going to change? I take the urine test once a week and the dr today told me that they dont worry so much until it hits 5,0000. Well I divided 4,000 by 100 and that of course came out to 40. Which means if I went up 100 every time I take a urine test it would take me another 40 weeks to even get close to 5,000.

I apoligize for not being so excited about this stay. I know I am in good hands and I am very thankful that the hospital staff is so sweet and nice but it really sucks not being at home.

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Mon Jan 09, 638936 4:38 am

quote:Originally posted by SuzieQ8204

I totally agree with you. I have two full term babys and believe I will have another one. so why not just send me home and make me come back once or twice a week that would be better then having my husband drive up here every day!

The only reason they are keeping me is for the protein in my urine. That is it! MY BP IS FINE they keep saying. They say that the protein is the number one reason to say you have preeclampsia. But the part I dont understand is: I am put on bed rest right but I can go to parenting classes once a week and was just invited to OT class where they let the ladies that are in the hospital get together and do crafts and stuff. they call it groups. So if I am able to do this why cant I go home? I mean I would do about the same if not less at my house. I have better tv at my house. and it isnt like I am asking to please go run the streets here I am just asking to go home to my bed and to my house and to my other kids and my family.

I don't really understand why they are keeping you for protein either, as you are not even close to the severe level of protein. I had 383mg of protein, BPs of 150s/90s, severe headaches and visual disturbances, and I had to fight to get admitted!

suzieq8204

Postby suzieq8204 » Sun Jan 08, 638936 9:31 pm

I totally agree with you. I have two full term babys and believe I will have another one. so why not just send me home and make me come back once or twice a week that would be better then having my husband drive up here every day!

The only reason they are keeping me is for the protein in my urine. That is it! MY BP IS FINE they keep saying. They say that the protein is the number one reason to say you have preeclampsia. But the part I dont understand is: I am put on bed rest right but I can go to parenting classes once a week and was just invited to OT class where they let the ladies that are in the hospital get together and do crafts and stuff. they call it groups. So if I am able to do this why cant I go home? I mean I would do about the same if not less at my house. I have better tv at my house. and it isnt like I am asking to please go run the streets here I am just asking to go home to my bed and to my house and to my other kids and my family.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”