Really? Really? This is nuts...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
girlisrad

Re : Really? Really? This is nuts...

Postby girlisrad » Wed Aug 12, 638933 1:37 pm

Audrey you nailed it.. thats exactly what it is. I guess there was a local practce that was scheduling C sections around the 37 week mark WITHOUT a sound reason (other then an "uncomfortable" mama.)Hence, there were some babies ending up in the NICU for no reason other than impatience. The Sisters that run the hospital decided this was no good, and instituted the policy.

I agree with it to a point, I really do. Its ludicrious to induce labor early without sound medical reason. But they refuse to open this policy to individual patients. They just threw down the criteria, and too bad if you dont fit in perfectly. Its really poop!

audrey s.

Postby audrey s. » Wed Aug 12, 638933 11:25 am

I have NEVER heard of a policy like this. Definitely sounds like a backlash against the whole "scheduled" C-section thing, added into some new data that's been coming out on "near-term" babies and how stable they are.

I have heard of balsamic vinaigrette working to stimulate labor -- there's a restaurant here in the L.A. area that serves what they call "labor salad" because supposedly it's worked for so many women. YMMV, of course.

Best wishes to you that everything goes well...and on time!

girlisrad

Postby girlisrad » Tue Aug 11, 638933 7:17 pm

Yeah this is not my ideal situation by far. But I am thankful that things did not go horribly wrong. And praying that it stays that way until that baby is safe in my arms!

I have tried sex, nipple stimulation, bouncing on the birth ball, cleaning, and fresh pineapple LOL. I don't think this baby is coming on his own. I haven't even got a braxton hicks yet, which is really odd because I was having SO many 3 weeks ago!

Have I mentioned how relieved I am to know this is my last kiddo? Whew. Last time.

katznkt

Postby katznkt » Mon Aug 10, 638933 11:25 am

Hmmm. Don't know about the rest, but I was borderline this last pregnancy: High bp, swelling sporatically but getting worse, headaches daily- bad ones, visual problems... but my urine stayed under the magic 300 even while dipping lots of +2s. Dr finally induced at 37 weeks.

Not fun that they won't just do the section and get on with it. But as a consolation to you, I never got postpartum PE even with my borderline issues.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Sat Aug 01, 638933 5:45 am

i got worse after delivery as well. If I were in your shoes I would head to L&D for ANY reason. Maybe they have a less strict criteria for delivery in the L& D area as opposed to scheduled care?

I cleaned my hospital room (bedrest) the day before I went into labor. It;s worth a shot!

angieb

Postby angieb » Sat Aug 01, 638933 3:02 am

Yikes, I'm sorry the hospital policy is so crazy. Hang in there. I hope you go into labor soon!

girlisrad

Postby girlisrad » Fri Jul 31, 638933 10:00 pm

Well got the labs, still not "severe enough" for the hospital to approve delivery. July 8th is the earliest they will allow my C section. 8 more very long days of swelling and all the other lovely things this rollercoaster brings with it.

I will update when I get home from the hospital in a few weeks! Thanks!

girlisrad

Postby girlisrad » Mon Jul 20, 638933 7:10 am

Thanks Kelly~ I was gonna go do the dishes right now, lol. Today I set up the pool for my boys, watched em swim, bounced on the ball in the hot sun... maybe ill make dinner too? As long as my BP doesnt get wonky, I agree... its worth the shot!

kellyo19

Postby kellyo19 » Mon Jul 20, 638933 5:23 am

I was stuck in the same situation but I stayed PIH with protein up to 250s. The night before I had my son I was so sick of seeing a dirty kitchen while on bedrest for a month that I got up and started cleaning... had him the next day. If your BPs can handle it, its worth a shot...

girlisrad

Postby girlisrad » Mon Jul 20, 638933 1:15 am

Thanks ladies... and the saddest thing is myself and both my doctors agree... but that hospital will not budge one bit. I have been bouncing on birth ball, DTD, and everything else I know to do to start labor. But, my babies are stubborn lol. VERY very stubborn. Both my boys were 28+ hour labors lol.....

I DO believe that we will be ok... I have done so much research, and thanks especially to this forum I feel well educated on the signs to watch for. We are literally minutes from the hospital, so in the even anything takes a downward turn, we can get there quickly!

Will definetly keep you posted on what the labs say!!! Or maybe mercy comes, and my water will break???

Return to “Ask the Experienced”