If u were a preemie-did u have a successful 2nd pg

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
frogibe

Re : If u were a preemie-did u have a successful 2nd pg

Postby frogibe » Tue Mar 03, 638933 11:58 pm

Laura,

My mom has chronic hypertension now, but did not before,during, or after her pregnancy with me. And does not have PCOS. I think I have chronic hypertension as a symptom of PCOS.

It seems like it's all in the family with you too. Hopefully now that we both know about the BP and clotting problems we can be treating correctly in a 2nd pg, and even get to full term! Thinking positive thoughts.

Here's a random thought...did Cara have your blood type or your hubbys? I was thinking about this after Keslie, because she has Austin's blood type. I have my father's blood type. I was curious if anyone has found a like to pre-e with blood types.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Tue Mar 03, 638933 11:35 pm

My mom had PE with me and my bro...made it to term with both of us...but we both have factor V...of course we found that out after I lost Cara

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Tue Mar 03, 638933 11:34 pm

i agree! There has to be a link somwehere you know? Does your mom have Cronic Hypertension or PCOS?

frogibe

Postby frogibe » Tue Mar 03, 638933 9:15 pm

Laura,

Yep, was a preemie born in Park Ridge.....won't name the hospital...but I am sure you will figure it out ;) I was tested for clotting disorders and "nadda", just have hypertension and PCOS.

My mom and I are still trying to put together the puzzle in our family....things are just "too" ironic.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Tue Mar 03, 638933 4:21 pm

hmmm Jennifer I did not know you were a preemie! Were you tested for clotting disorders?

frogibe

Postby frogibe » Tue Mar 03, 638933 9:44 am

This is a great question Jean....I was curious about this myself. I was born at 29 wks. weighing 2 lbs 6 oz. due to pre-e. I had pre-e in my first and had her at 28 weeks. I am planning on another pregnancy in the future and like you am hoping for a more positive outcome. I think I will be the guinea pig in this...due to my mother never had any other children after me...so we don't know how her second pg would have turned out.

I do know that my mothers first cousin had pre-e with both her pregnancies but it was closer to full term. I know she had GD and chronic hypertension with both as well.

I guess we will find out. I stinks being a case study!

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Tue Mar 03, 638933 4:38 am

I was born at 31 weeks, and my mom was on bedrest 8 weeks prior to my birth, due to preeclampsia. My firstborn daughter was born at 25 weeks due to severe preeclampsia and class I hellp syndrome, she died 10 days later. My second daughter was born just 14 months after my first daughter at 36 weeks, PE/HELLP free!

rosalinda

Postby rosalinda » Fri Feb 20, 638933 7:42 am

I was born at 28 weeks, 2lbs 10oz due to preterm labor. My first pregnancy ended at 25wks due to severe PE, my second was a 9wk miscarriage, and my third ended at 36 wks due to rising bp's and oligohydramnios.

kellyo19

Postby kellyo19 » Thu Feb 19, 638933 5:04 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss! Its heartbreaking to hear of babies lives lost due to this horrible disease.

My mom had incompetent cervix with me, diagnosed after I was born 7 wks early. She had my brother 4 wks early with 2 mos of bedrest prior to that. I had PE and IUGR with my first child, due to incompetent doctoring my child was born at 40+2 at 6 lb 1 oz. I moved to another city and then had my son in 2009 with PIH with restrictions starting at 6 mos and bedrest at 8 mos and full bedrest the last wk, he was born 38+5 at 7 lb 14 oz.

Every woman is different, every pregnancy is different. Now that you know the symptoms, if you should have another child you should monitor your BPs at home, be seen by a high-risk OB or MFM/peri, and stay involved in your care. I hope this helps!

jean

If u were a preemie-did u have a successful 2nd pg

Postby jean » Thu Feb 19, 638933 4:29 am

I'm curious if any of YOU were preemies due to pre-e or hellp--were you able to have a successful 2nd pregnancy that lasted longer than your first?

I was a preemie baby due to my mom having toxemia (pre-e). I was born a month and a half early...
I had my son at 29 weeks (though he only had grown through 28 weeks) and he died of NEC. I'm contemplating another at some point, but am wondering if since I myself was a preemie, if my odds of success are poor. I was wondering if ANYBODY on this board who was a preemie themselves has had success with a subsequent pregnancy.
Thanks for your input!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”