How long to expect c-section pain?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re : How long to expect c-section pain?

Postby sam10 » Tue Mar 03, 638933 12:56 pm

My doctors emphasized how risky it would be to become pregnant earlier, b/c of the risk of rupture, and of course scared the heck out of me. I am not sure how much of a difference it makes though to become pregnant a bit earlier. I am wondering how much more my scars need to heal.

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Tue Mar 03, 638933 4:33 am

I was told to wait a year, as you can see I didn't listen.

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Sun Feb 08, 638933 8:22 pm

Thanks Brianne for adding the info about the spacing of your subsequent pregnancy. I was just wondering how long your doctors told you to wait to become pregnant again? Mine said something about 9 to 12 months.

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Sun Feb 08, 638933 4:18 am

I had a classical c-section in July 2008. I had a few sharp pains a week and a dull ache the whole time. I got pregnant again and all that seemed to stop. I had my second c-section in September 2009. I didn't feel anything for awhile, now the past month or so I've been starting to feel the dull ache and a few sharp pains here and there. I can't wear low rise jeans or tight pants because they irritate my incision area and internal scar tissue. I was told that a lot of times they ache will go away within 6 months to a year, but sometimes it doesn't go away. Oh and I got pregnant less than 6 months after having my first c-section and all went well.

jean

Postby jean » Sat Feb 07, 638933 8:17 pm

I did call the doctor's office and talked to his nurse-she said there's really nothing they can do about it since the pain is coming from internally...she said it's probably scar tissue and muscles. *sigh* She said they could look at it, but since there's no redness, heat, or problems appearing on the outside wound, there's probably not anything they could see or do.

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Sat Oct 04, 638932 10:45 am

Since my c-section (classical) my belly has not been the same. At first I did not feel much, except for a sharp pain on the right side now and then. The area around my scar was dull and numb. Sometimes I'd get that "pulling" feeling, especially if my bladder was full. Actually I still have that. Now, 6 months pp, I start to get some more sensation and I do feel my scars sometimes, and they itch too.

I guess, it will never feel the same as before.

adrea

Postby adrea » Fri Oct 03, 638932 3:30 am

It will be 6 months for me on the 11th and I do get a dull ache still if I wear tight clothes or put weight in the area where they opened me up.

bernadic

Postby bernadic » Mon Jun 12, 638930 1:24 am

I didn't really want to scare you so I didn't tell you either since you didn't have any other symptoms-but I went in for the pulling feeling and was told it was normal but I also had spotting on an off each month and they found that I had calcified placenta remains. Needed to have a D and C. The chances of that are very rare but I agree with Marialynn and urge them to check if it doesn't get better. They found it via ultrasound.

marialynn242

Postby marialynn242 » Sun Jun 11, 638930 3:46 am

About 9 months for me but thats because I got up and was at work the next week. Like everyone said make sure to check with your dr I definitly dont want to scare you because it probably is just a csection pain but csections are one of the surgeries the dr is most likely to leave a lap sponge inside your abdomen because they are so deep. So if the pain doesnt go away after a year I would urge them to check that I know a couple women they have done that to. But right now its just a csection pain I had my csection 13 months ago (the bikini one) and if im holing my son and he kicks it on accident it still hurts.

jean

Postby jean » Thu Jun 01, 638930 1:18 am

No other symptoms. Just pain and a little itching a few weeks ago. The pain is there daily, but not constant. I mainly notice it if I'm laying on my right side.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”