Headaches

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
sarah0381

Re : Headaches

Postby sarah0381 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 08:36 am

Thanks everyone! I've been dealing with this constant headache since week 12 and at 16 weeks given fiorect but had an allergic reaction to it. I was then prescribed midrin, it does reileve the pain some but I can't take them as often as my head is hurting...I have also noticed a slow rise in my bp this last week even being on bp meds. I go see my mfm on wed. Thanks for your advice and I'll be sure to talk to him about it then. I'm currently 25wks now.

thirdtimesthecharm

Postby thirdtimesthecharm » Fri Apr 30, 2010 08:07 am

I was given a fiorcet RX by my OB and in the hospital they gave me percocets. Both seemed to help somewhat. Not total relief for me but cutting the headache by half would help tremendously!

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 08:00 am

I am prone to headaches and got a lot of them while pregnant, but never bad enough to warrant prescription pain relievers. I got "the PE headache" while on hospital bedrest with my son, my BP was spiking way up and they gave me IV BP meds which brought the BP down and relieved some of the headache pressure. I would speak with your doctor about some solutions, I believe pain can cause a rise in pressures, so that is not good. Take care of yourself.

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:15 pm

Since my headache only appeared just a few days before Henry was born, I did not get more than tylenol. Also it felt to me more like muscle pain starting from the neck traveling up the back of my head, it was never clear whether it was PE related headache or tension headache.

But some of the posters have to deal with or dealt with quite severe headaches, and I am sure somebody will be around soon to share her knowledge.

Hope your pain is not too bad.

sarah0381

Headaches

Postby sarah0381 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 04:58 pm

Is there anyone who is dealing with pe that has a constant headache been prescribed any pain medication. If so what kind and has it helped??? Thanks for any advice!!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”