Let's hear some updates....

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
atvlady

Re : Let's hear some updates....

Postby atvlady » Sat Nov 20, 638923 4:07 pm

Update on me, I have FINALLY been officialy labeled as having anemia.......DUH! Took me 9 months to get that! Now I see a Hematologist on April 2. Hope to have some answers.......

brandib

Postby brandib » Fri Nov 19, 638923 9:34 am

I suppose I can update as well, though, not a whole lot has changed. I am 30 weeks now!!! yay! And now that I've been on 400mg of Labetalol three times a day my pressures have been better and not quite as much visual disturbances although, I still have them. The highest I've gotten was on Saturday I hit 160/106----just sitting on my couch and BOOM----vision messed up reallly bad ( people became blurry blobs) and my head hurt so I bad I just closed my eyes and prayed :0( It was just about time for my next dose of BP meds though, so I took those and about an hour and a half later my BP did come down to 144/93. My doctor actually called me on my cell phone yesterday to check up on me! I couldn't believe it. But now that they've gotten my records from my first two children they have all of a sudden become quite concerned for me :0) Also, no more arguments about migraines. They NOW believe my headaches are from high BP lol. I did have a growth scan where the baby measured 3lbs exactly, but I had too much fluid and they couldn't get all the heart they wanted to see, but they believe everything to be ok. Next appt is in one week.

glimmer

Postby glimmer » Mon Nov 08, 638923 2:15 am

ashesashie - I think induction with PE tends to be 'easier' and faster. My OBYN told me it's because your body knows it's good for it to deliver. My inductions were both straight forward and easy.
God luck for another week!

ashesashie

Postby ashesashie » Thu Oct 28, 638923 12:20 pm

I am 36 weeks tomorrow. One more week until induction/c-section (based on whether or not I am "inducible"). Anyone have any knowledge about "inducibility" with pre-e? I started out with PIH at 24 weeks. I now have pre-e and am SO VERY thankful to have made it this far with a healthy baby. Just one more hurdle to go :).

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Wed Oct 27, 638923 11:23 pm

Thanks.....I have to take my hubby to the dr in the morning so I am going to get with him on it. Since my spell yesterday I have changed my diet around. I thought the first time it may have something to do with the way I am sleeping so I slept elevated on pillows and that didn't help. It just comes on first thing in the mornings, first time it happened after I got up, this past time it woke me up, my mouth watering signaling the emminent. My vomit is weird, that is a TMI and I don't wanna gross anyone out. Severe vomiting and diareah is all I have and as soon as the sickness comes on, it is gone. Fenergan stops it in its tracks. I done this once before I had my GB removed and now twice after. Anyone had this happen to them and what was the end result? I think I may have something wrong with my kidneys, I get up 5 times a night to pee....

pennyg

Postby pennyg » Wed Oct 27, 638923 10:54 pm

Alanna, I was thinking of Adrenals too!
Delissa, you can do a saliva test over 12 hour period and check cortisol levels that way. Pituitary gland can also control all our hormones so ACTH test can check that.
Hope you find a Dr that is willing to do some "not so common" tests like that. Feel better soon.
Here's a link that explains things a bit.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Na ... sADRENALS/

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Tue Oct 26, 638923 12:03 am

Delissa, I hope they are able to figure it out soon, that sounds scary.

Oddly enough I know someone who had something similar happen, and it turned out she had Addison's disease or adrenal insufficiency. http://endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/addison/addison.htm

She only had problems intermittently- like when she was stressed or caught a virus- so it took them a while to figure out what was going on.

(And congrats to all the mommies with new babies, and good luck to all the expecting mommies!)

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 16, 638923 9:51 am

quote:Originally posted by atvlady

Sounds like everyone is doing good, considering the source. For me, I have put TTC off indefinitley. I am getting this mysterious sickness, uncontrolable vomitin, diahreah, sweating and passing out. One time my husband had to call the rescue squad and this morning I took so much Fenergan I just fell asleep on the couch. This is HORRIBLE and worse then food poisoning. I took a pg test this morning, I thought what is it going to hurt?!? Negative on that. I am going to make a appt with my Internist and GI doc for this week to see what the heck is going on with me. As fast as this comes over me, it leaves just as fast. Very weird. Has anybody had this happen before? I don't have a fever with it and I don't feel bad up until the point it hits me wide open. No stomach cramps or anything.

I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. I hope you get some answers soon - and, better yet, solutions. (((HUGS)))

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Sat Oct 16, 638923 12:52 am

I really hope someone figures everything out for you Delissa!!

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Fri Oct 15, 638923 8:03 pm

Sounds like everyone is doing good, considering the source. For me, I have put TTC off indefinitley. I am getting this mysterious sickness, uncontrolable vomitin, diahreah, sweating and passing out. One time my husband had to call the rescue squad and this morning I took so much Fenergan I just fell asleep on the couch. This is HORRIBLE and worse then food poisoning. I took a pg test this morning, I thought what is it going to hurt?!? Negative on that. I am going to make a appt with my Internist and GI doc for this week to see what the heck is going on with me. As fast as this comes over me, it leaves just as fast. Very weird. Has anybody had this happen before? I don't have a fever with it and I don't feel bad up until the point it hits me wide open. No stomach cramps or anything.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”