UPDATE Confused, help?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
lilysmommymindy

Re : UPDATE Confused, help?

Postby lilysmommymindy » Mon Jul 26, 638923 10:30 am

I agree with Jamie. It might be time for a second opinion! Is this your ob or a mfm making these decisions? The lack of concern is concerning to me! Listen to your body and go in if you feel something is not quite right! Take care!

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Sun Jul 25, 638923 2:58 pm

Trust yourself!!! Had I listened more to my body and less to my doctor my little girl's brain might have been spared. If your doctor is not doing what is right then find another one who will listen, no matter what stage of pregnancy you are at. So what if you * the doctor off, at least you and your child will be safe. Your pressures are not ok!

hillary8l8

Postby hillary8l8 » Fri Jul 16, 638923 11:10 am

I understand exactly where you're coming from with all of this...they always do the same thing to me. They take my BP sitting and then lay me down for the NST and it goes down..and then they always make me feel stupid for being there. I also had an OB tell me to only take my BP once a day because I was "making myself nervous". I still take it whenever I feel like I should because that gives me more peace of mind than not knowing. I feel the same anxiety about them pushing back induction as well. I haven't had my 24 hour protein checked in 6 weeks, so I'm not sure where I stand there..but they raised my dose of my BP meds..and I'm afraid if my BP comes down a little that they will delay it because of that. Keep us posted on what the dr says.

katznkt

Postby katznkt » Fri Jul 16, 638923 9:14 am

Man. That sounds stupid!

I know what you mean with all over blood pressures. It drove me nuts. I would feel like an idiot because mine would be elevated and then would shoot down when they made me lie flat for a while in the hospital. But even inclining a bit would shoot them back up.

Keep taking them for your own sanity. And pester your doctor every time they get over 160/100. If nothing else maybe the frequency will concern the doc.

For me, the pressures were all over the place, but every couple of weeks my low blood pressure would be 10pts higher than the new low. And that is slow progression. It could go sky high one day and stay high.

Trust your instincts and keep us up todate.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Fri Jul 16, 638923 3:40 am

yep, feeling him with your hand counts - and usually helps me alot too!

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Thu Jul 15, 638923 10:17 pm

I am truly surprised about your doctor's reaction, I must say! Like the others have said, I too would continue taking BP at home, and head to L&D if something is not right.

It can be hard trying to lie down so much, but I was setting myself goals, e.g. in another half an hour I can sit up for a while.

Doing kick-counts is also a good idea. I would think that feeling your baby with your hands would also be ok.
Keep hanging in there!

ashesashie

Postby ashesashie » Thu Jul 15, 638923 7:45 pm

daschies- at the dr, my bps are usually between 140-155 over 90-100, sometimes a bit higher...then they always have me lay on my left side and take it again. It always drops, and they are always pleased with that. I will start being more strict with monitoring movements. If I am having a hard time feeling movement is it ok to lay my hands on my belly and feel that way too?

angel-I will keep taking them. Thank you :)

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Thu Jul 15, 638923 7:18 pm

I was wondering, what is your BP in your doctors office been running?

Personally, I wouldn't stop monitoring my BPs at home and would head to L&D with any scary high ones like you mention. BPs that high are not O.K..

I know what you mean about feeling the squirmy movements - they are harder to feel than those nice kicks were. But try and set aside a set time a few times a day to make sure you feel movement. Even in the hospital with heartbeat checks every 4 hours (except at night thank goodness!), BPPs 2 times a week and NST 1-2 times weekly - I have been told it is my feeling of movement that is most important. If I notice he is moving less we will need to investigate. Since he mostly rolls around now - sticking to set times really helps since it is not constant kicks all day.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Thu Jul 15, 638923 7:11 pm

I have to disagree with the doc on telling you to stop taking your BP's at home!!! Keep taking them at home!

Typically with PE...your BP'S will go all over the place before going up and staying up to the point where it is a danger.

ashesashie

Postby ashesashie » Thu Jul 15, 638923 3:47 pm

I have a bpp every monday and an NST every wednesday. I don't have any of the other symptoms. The problem is my bps don't *stay* anywhere. They are all over the place, they get down as low as the 120s over 70s when I am laying, and then also as high as what I mentioned before just from standing up for a few minutes. I try to do kick counts, but it is getting harder as baby gets bigger because I have a hard time feeling the little squirmy movements.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”