For those of you w/ preschool/school age PE kids

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
dohertyab

Re : For those of you w/ preschool/school age PE kids

Postby dohertyab » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:45 am

My non-HELLP child is the hyper one. The HELLP twins are very shy, cautious and quiet. They are very verbal, but certainly not ADD or ADHD or hyper and have really good concentration skills.

jmom08

Postby jmom08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 00:36 am

DS just turned 4 and is extremely active/energetic & verbal, but his preschool teacher hasn't mentioned about ADD/ADHD or hyperactivity. I sometimes wonder if my husband has ADD, so I would probably have pointed the finger his direction before thinking about PE, if we did get a diagnosis in the future! I am curious to read the responses to your question.

theartsymom

Postby theartsymom » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:31 pm

DD is 4 and she is miss personality. While she is not ADD, she is super verbal. Very active all the time. But her preschool teacher did have ADD/ADHD- and I learned the difference really quick, LOL.

stacey0411

Postby stacey0411 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 09:27 pm

My PE pregnancy baby is 4 now and is not hyperactive at all. In fact, my goal for preschool was for her to come out of her shell a little :)

tracym

Postby tracym » Mon Feb 15, 2010 07:55 pm

My dd has a touch I'm sure. We've never had her formally tested but along with the "hyperactivity" she is still very sensory. She has to touch things and put things in her mouth all the time. She has to touch everything. When I tell her not to (look with your eyes not your fingers) she says I HAVE to. And she does, it's as simple as that. She's having her 5yo check up Friday so we'll see what that brings.

She was my severe PE pregnancy and she is 5 TODAY!! My once scrawny 4lb baby is now a beautiful tall 44lb young girl.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:05 am

I'm with Trish. My Pih baby is the super active one (Sara)

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:44 am

Actually my middle DD - my one "just" PIH & not PE pregnancy - is the one I think has ADHD. She'll be 5 in April.

kellyo19

For those of you w/ preschool/school age PE kids

Postby kellyo19 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:28 am

For those of you w/ preschool/school age PE kids... have you had problems with behavior/ADHD/hyperactivity in your children?

I had PE with daughter in 2005, she's just turned 5 yrs old, and we're starting testing for hyperactivity. Her preschool teacher says she's on the spectrum of hyperactivity, we're just waiting to find out exactly where. For what its worth, the PE was never treated, I never had bedrest, just orders to "relax" after work. She also had IUGR as evidenced by the bad placenta and her low birthweight of 6 lb 1 oz at 40+2.

I'm just wondering if there's a link to PE/IUGR with ADHD and hyperactivity?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”