Need Advice ASAP!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
jend01

Re : Need Advice ASAP!

Postby jend01 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:59 am

Never hurts to call in.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:28 am

Call :)

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:55 am

I would call too. Like Trish said, they may just have you keep an eye on it until next week, but better for your OB to decide.

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:36 am

ITA with Trish. Definitely call when your bps develop a high pattern early on. This way, you can get the meds you may need without having to wait too long.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 am

I would call in - those pressures are really high. They may say keep an eye on it until Tuesday but they may want to call meds in for you. (((HUGS)))

jordyjsmom

Need Advice ASAP!

Postby jordyjsmom » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:02 am

i am currently 11 weeks pregnant, at my first prenatal appointment (7wks) my blood pressure was already high. The Doctor told me i was probably chronic and we came up with a plan to monitor me closely. I honestly didn't expect my BP to be high since it was fine a month earlier so i didn't ask questions about when and what i should call about.

I've been taking my BP at home and it has been fine so i thought maybe the doctors office was a fluke since i was so stressed and nervous at the time. However for the last week i have been getting headaches and much to my dismay my BP has been up at home not too (avg. 145/90's). Yesterday morning i woke up with a headache, i took my bp and it was 144/88 so i took some tylenol and went on with my day. By that evening it hadn't gotten any better and was actually worse so i took my BP again and it was 182/109!!!! I really didn't want to go to the ER so i lied down and took it again 10 minutes later and it was back down to 140's/90's. It hovered around there the rest of the night. This morning i have a dull headache again and BP was 156/88.

Should i call my OB this morning or can it wait until my appointment next tuesday? Should i even be concerned at all since it was just one reading? I'm not on meds yet, though after this i may be.

TIA, i have a list of questions for next time about when/what i shodl call in.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”