Hi everyone.....I am new!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
jend01

Re : Hi everyone.....I am new!

Postby jend01 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:47 am

Sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience!! I am glad that everything turned out ok and that both you and baby are healthy. There are many of us here that are dealing with the very hard decision on whether or not to try again; you will get lots of helpful advice here.

Did you already find another doctor for if you do decide to try again? I definitely wouldn't be using the same practice again.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:03 am

oh my - the experience you had with your son is a nightmare. it is horrible you needed to go through that - thank goodness for the perinatal team!!! Welcome!

thirdtimesthecharm

Postby thirdtimesthecharm » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:25 am

Welcome! I'm another newbie and have found this site to be very informative.

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Wed Jan 13, 2010 07:18 am

Hi and welcome from another "Minneeesotan". What a scary ordeal. I know that I was so lucky to have a super proactive ob during my last two pregnancies. Welcome to the forums!

bethers39

Postby bethers39 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 06:57 am

Thank you so much for the reply. I am excited to be on the site. :)

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Tue Jan 12, 2010 09:23 pm

Welcome!! Gosh what a scary time you've had!! (((HUGS))) Glad to see your little guy is doing so well now - and so big!! He sure caught up *fast*! My 3rd DD was born at 36 weeks & she's only (but finally!) up to 22 lbs at 2 years!!

I'm 40 now (I was 38 when I had my last) and had CHT before that pregnancy started. I am still on 3 BP meds & had a really rough time for over a year PP getting my BP stable. I don't know if it was age, weight, having 2 other little ones or what but it took a very long time for me to feel "normal" again. I do need to lose weight (probably 30-35 lbs) & we got a Wii for Christmas so that's been a fun way to exercise. I'm hoping with weight loss maybe I can at least get rid of one BP med!!

Kara is a great resource & these forums are a great source of info & support. So whatever you decide I wish you the best!

bethers39

Hi everyone.....I am new!

Postby bethers39 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 09:07 pm

I am so glad to have found this site. I am 39 and from Minnesota I will be 40 in June. I had my first son from my first marriage in Jan of 1996 that pregnancy consisted of severe hyperemesis. I remarried and in May 2004, lost a child to m/c, we also lost 2 more Nov 2004 and July 2006 to mismanaged medical care during Hyperemesis. After finding a good dr (or so we thought) and for trying with him for a year we in Oct of 2009 became pregnant on our Aniv. This pregnancy was a dream. No hyperemesis. At 25 weeks, I started feeling sick and started throwing up. My bp was 230/110. My dr. didn't know what was going on and didn't even consider preeclampsia. Instead, he questioned me if I was using alcohol? I was shocked and sick beyond belief (literally). After a nightmarish 4 weeks, which included one time of having a nurse try to force me to eat while I was throwing up and then telling me I was a bad mom and she was so disappointed in me for not eating to having her not give me meds to having her yell at me what do I want from her she has changed my puke bucket, to having my dr. think I was trying to get sick, to having to convince my new peri team to let me have my meds through IV (as that is the only way they work for me) to, multiple hospital trips, to being anemic and brusing easy and bruising from my massage pillow and having the nurses decide my husband must be beating me and the social worker violating my data privacy rights and calling my mil. The Perinatal team took me over and thank god they did. They were incredible! They made sure I was ok and at 29 weeks they rushed me into the OR for an emerg c-sec as they were afraid of my levels so they did not want anything to happen to me or the baby so we delivered our 2 1/2 lb baby boy. It took awhile to heal from the csec and I am still on bp pills. I am focussing on my health and doing WW and exercising. I would like to lose 45lbs and we would like to try for one more in Oct. At first they were saying I had Hellp Synd and now I find out I didn't have that I had severe pree. I am scared I mean very scared of dying. Is it too risky to do this? I talked with Kara from here and I am going to do a preconcept appt and that should answer a lot but I am so torn. My little guy is 8 months old 6 months premie age. So cute and healthy 18 lbs now! Any advice or info would be so appreciated. I want this badly but I am so scared.

Thank you.
Bethers

Return to “Ask the Experienced”