Gallbladder removal, liver dysfunction **UPDATE**

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
atvlady

Re : Gallbladder removal, liver dysfunction **UPDATE**

Postby atvlady » Thu Mar 25, 638917 9:47 pm

No horm. issues but endo issues with my thyroid. It is now controled. I have had trouble with my monthly for about 4 years now. My OB thinks I may have endometriosis but doesn't want to do anything at this point to mess up my "delicate balance" until I am done having babies.

new_mom1214

Postby new_mom1214 » Thu Mar 25, 638917 9:37 pm

Have you had hormonal or endo issues pp? I never had my period after delivery, just estrogen break-through bleeding. My paps were coming back abnormal, then normal, then abnormal- same with my copos. I had ultsounds, MRI's and my uterus was abnormally thick, I had ovarian cysts and fluid. After 4 ob/gyn's, I had a biopsy done and had atypical cells. I just had the Leep procedure done 8 days ago. My CRP was at 1200 (prob still is) and my liver enzymes were abnormal.

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Thu Mar 25, 638917 9:10 pm

Yes....it has gotten to were even if I drink a lot of fluids esp water I have the bad pain in my abodmen and back from my GB. So I drink small amounts throughout the day. As far as eating fatty foods, I was on the SBD to lose some weight and stopped it cause I was told by my Gi that can cause GB haywire. I had trouble after I stopped so now I have went on a "new way of eating" plan. And so far, it has worked MUCH better then the SBD. I eat fruits and veggies, skim milk for my V-D defficiency. My AST/ALT has peaked twice PP. each time is higher then the last and each time my bloodwork gets worse in other areas. This time I am anemic, MPV is down, and several others. The hospital gave me a NEAT print out of my labs Sunday night that has all the tests and dates side by side so it looks like a graph! Yes get your thyroid under control! Thanks for the information provided! BTW how did you find out you had inflamtion of the cervix?

new_mom1214

Postby new_mom1214 » Thu Mar 25, 638917 8:47 pm

My doctor took more blood tests (a liver panel) after my enzymes were really high. The panel came back normal. He began to say that the liver is very sensitive to inflammation. So, my liver is fine- it is something else causing my enzymes to go up and down. I found out that i had severe inflammation of the cervix and just had the leep procedure done. I am also finding out that my pituitary gland hormones are screwed up, along with my adrenal gland and Free T4 (thyroid).
I have been doing a lot of research and found that the liver enzyme SGOT/AST being high is related to eclampsia and tissue damage.
If you do not have to have your gall bladder removed, I wouldn't. If you eat fatty food (even if it is good fat), do you have gall bladder attacks?

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Thu Mar 25, 638917 7:12 pm

Hi Sandi and welcome. I can't believe I FINALLY met someone who can relate to me! My question for you is, have you been tested for Fatty Liver? That is one test you may want to talk to your dr about. It is really a u/s they do. I have the NAFLD. I am having heaping amounts of trouble out of my GB now and I am 7 months PP.

Ok I have a update for all of you! Went and had the upper Endo done with the Kevanasis (I know that is not the right word but sounds like that). As SOON as they put that stuff in my IV, I cramped up BAD! So the nurse started shooting me up with pain medicine. I was laying on my back when they put the stuf in my IV and it hurt so bad it folded me up in the fetal position on my left side and the nurse made a comment it must be my GB cause it balled me up that bad. Ooooooooooooo it hurt SO bad I started sweating profusely then! Knocked me out also and done the procedure. My GI doc was kind enough to take pix of everything while in there and printed them out for me. Nothing wrong with my digestive track except erosion in stomach and one small polyp that he is sending off. However he did say that the little bit of things he found digestivley is NOT causing me to do this. He says he is pretty sure it is my GB and says that he thinks it is inflamation. I go see my surgeon Friday. My Gi doc says sometimes they won't take your GB out if your tests come back good ( I had a HIDA scan and was normal) and I told him that I am going to argue the point wiht the surgeon. I want to keep all of you interested updated, esp the HELLP ladies cause this could very well happen to you! I asked my doc if it is not my GB and it is removed then what? He said a super super strict diet and maybe a couple other things. He said he didn't want to worry me at this point and we will cross that bridge when we get to it. I think for myself it is my GB. (He also took some bile out of my GB (??) and sent it off for testing.)
Thank you for reading. I hope none of you have to walk in my shoes for it is VERY scary and not fun.

new_mom1214

Postby new_mom1214 » Thu Mar 25, 638917 6:26 pm

I just found this website and forum. I had preclampsia and I had gall bladder disease (gall bladder removed emergency surgery). My liver enzymes are screwed up now. They go very high and then go back to normal which means it is not necessarily my liver, but other problems (inflammation, etc.) going on in my body.

linda5508

Postby linda5508 » Wed Mar 24, 638917 3:55 am

well i know that if you have pain in the upper abdominal region and indigestion it could be a gallbladder problem.

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Mar 14, 638917 5:28 am

I had my gallbladder removed a year and a half ago. I had severe PE wih my first baby when I still had my gallbladder. I had much better luck with my second pregnancy, and I had no gallbladder. I don't know if there is a link or not, but I felt better once the gallbladder came out!

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Sat Mar 13, 638917 2:57 pm

Im so sorry to hear Delissa! :(

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Sat Mar 13, 638917 12:23 pm

Thanks for your replys. Today I feel better. I just had a cup of 1% milk and noticed about 30 minutes later I am hurting in my back/stomach area. I know there is something wrong, this is not my body. My temperature last night was 99.2 and this morning it is saying 98.4. I just got done vacuuming and pouring the sweat! Weird cause I sweat but this is just like I stepped into the shower with my clothes on! They done a boat load of BW on me last night in the ER. And yes, when the dr walked in I asked him if he was familiar with HELLP and I asked him to explain it to me and he did LOL so I make SURE when I see a dr he knows about my history! The last time my liver was up I hurt under my RUQ, went and had liver labs done adn they were up. This time was uch different. Started out Wednesday hurting iin my upper chest in the center, pulsating dull pain that stayed. Stil had it Thursday and Friday. Saw my GI doc Friday about it and he put me on Nexium. He said then he wanted to see me in a month to see if it got better and if not he would do a upper GI. Saturday morning I got up and got weak, sweaty, clamy cold, incoherent so I checked my sugar (I am not diabetic) and it was 72. Ate a peice of bread and 20 minutes later I was fine. Then as the day rolled on the fever kicked in. Peaked at 102.3 that night. Sunday my back, little bit below my shoulder blades had a dull pain and it was radiating to the middle of my sternum, at the bottom. Gosh I couldn't sit, lay, stand, bend over you name it I was uncomfortable. Had to sleep setting up. Nauseated but fighting vomiting, I HATE that! Monday was the same but by then I had lost my appetite. Monday night my urine was dark so hubby took me to the ER. They checked me for UTI and bladder infection and kidney infection but nothing. When he said it was my AST and ALT and that my Bilirubin was up, I almost passed out. he told me I definitley needed to get it treated so that is why I am on a mission. They gave me a bag of IV fluids and Zofran at the ER and the pain went away. Weird!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”