Newbie - 28 weeks - intro

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
love_the_daschies

Re : Newbie - 28 weeks - intro

Postby love_the_daschies » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:26 am

Oh gosh - I am sorry to hear this - those pressures are high :( But good news is you look like your BP is doing A LOT better on bed rest. I hope your dr. gives you a good plan tomorrow. Don't hesitate to go to L & D if you feel off. If you feel your dr. isn't taking you serious tomorrow - consider going to L & D at a bigger hospital and having them examine you (just another option)

I hope things settle down and you have many more happy weeks of pregnancy!

thirdtimesthecharm

Postby thirdtimesthecharm » Tue Jan 12, 2010 09:55 am

I turned in the 24 hour test on Saturday. For some reason my doctor still doesn't have the results. I really hate our local hospital. I have NO faith that I'll be getting good care there. Based on what I've learned from this board I've realized that I'll need to really stay on top of things. I don't think our hospital even has a NICU so I've already told my husband that if I feel like I ned to go in, we're heading to a bigger city to find care.

My mom brought over a blood pressure moniter and as long as I stay on complete bedrest my numbers are in the 120s-130s/90s-100s. If I take it laying down it's lower, usually 120s/80s but I know now that's not the right way to do it. I have an appoinment with my OB tomorrow so hopefully I will be getting a referral to a high-risk OB or someone who takes lab results seriously!

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Mon Jan 11, 2010 09:15 pm

Welcome!! Please take it *really* easy - those pressures are awfully high!!! You've done the 24 hour test already right? Are you monitoring your BP at home? I hope you get results ASAP & that they will give you some answers. If you have any other PE symptoms before Wed. please don't hesitate to head back to L&D to get checked out again ok?

angieb

Postby angieb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 07:49 pm

Yikes, with pressures that high, I'm a little surprised they didn't put you on BP meds right away.

Welcome to the forum! I hope your doctors can get your symptoms under control so you have many more healthy weeks of pregnancy left.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Mon Jan 11, 2010 04:12 pm

Welcome - I am sorry that you had to find us, but glad that you did.

It sounds like your OB is watching you closely - no thanks to the ER doctors. Educating yourself about pre-e is one of the best things that you can do, that way you can advocate for yourself and know when to be seen.

Please let us know if you don't find the answers to your questions.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

thirdtimesthecharm

Newbie - 28 weeks - intro

Postby thirdtimesthecharm » Mon Jan 11, 2010 03:18 pm

I've been reading this forum and have gotten so much great information from you ladies!

I'm at 28 weeks in my third pregnancy. Both of my other pregnancies were normal as pie. This is #3 and she has been difficult from the start! The father of all three is my husband whom I have been absolutely faithful to for the last 12 years. This makes me an anomally since I had no high blood pressure or pre-E symptoms with my first two.

I told my husband a few weeks ago that I thought I was getting anemic since I was seeing spots and would get dizzy and run-down during the day. Two weeks later and I wake up one morning swollen in the face and hands, dizzy enough to not be able to walk, and vomiting. I ended up in the ER because my OB and my PCP both thought I had an inner ear infection. My blood pressure in the ER was 192/112 when I first got there. They had me rest in bed for an hour and a half before the doc saw me. My pressure was still 165/98 but the ER doc told me I did have labrynthitis, I was anxious from being dizzy, and to go home and take meds for dizziness.

I called my OB the next morning because I still had dizziness and told them about my ER adventure. The had me come in immediately and my blood pressure was 170/110. My urine dip was 1+ in the office. I was sent to L&D for bloodwork and to moniter my blood pressure. Now I know that I shouldn't have had my blood pressures all taken while laying down but that was how they got it to go down wnough to discharge me. My BP was fine laying down but when I sat up it went up to 140s/100s.

I was sent home with orders for a 24 hour catch and strict bedrest until my appointment Wednesday. I am waiting for them to call me today with my blood test results and my urine results so I don't know if it's officially pre-e yet.

I do have some questions but I thank you gals for all the information on the forum and I am off to read more...

Return to “Ask the Experienced”