Question for those that had unplanned pregnancies

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
beetkvass

Re : Question for those that had unplanned pregnancies

Postby beetkvass » Thu Dec 10, 638916 3:12 am

We were using condoms and avoiding when I was obviously fertile with cervical mucus. Well the condom broke on a dry day about 4 days before I had peak cervical mucus. I'm 14 weeks today. I don't know what we are going to do after this baby is born.

jjones1333

Postby jjones1333 » Mon Nov 30, 638916 12:40 pm

I was on the pill, but didn't know taking antibiotics would reverse the effects. I am now using the IUD Mirena

tealeafsadrood

Postby tealeafsadrood » Thu Nov 05, 638916 6:28 pm

I was on the pill, Hubby and I had just decided to get onto it. Found out when I went to start the second pill pack I was preggers. Levora.

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Tue Sep 15, 638635 3:58 pm

I changed from the pill to nuvaring and got pregnant. I am RELIGIOUS on taking my meds so I KNOW I didn't miss any pills! Then I got pregnant while using Nuvaring. Both of these ended up in miscarriage.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Sat Sep 05, 638635 6:15 am

I had to go off BCP & on BP meds when my 2nd was about 18 months because of CHT. We were *very* good about using condoms & avoiding fertile times - except for one time, one night & that was all it took for Allison to be here. DH has since gotten snipped.

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 04, 638635 9:03 pm

We decided to get something permanent and it was DH's turn.

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Fri Sep 04, 638635 1:03 pm

I had to go off the pill when we found out that my sister had the blood clotting disorders and I was tested and found out I had them, too. I was waiting to get into to see my OB/GYN about alternative methods when I got pregnant with baby #2. I kind of wanted to get pg anyway since I was about to turn 35, so it was a good thing, although it wasn't exactly planned. I was told I couldn't go on the pill after this baby was born and that really my only options were an IUD or tubal ligation and I chose tubal ligation. There may be other options out there, but this is what I was told.

alexa5

Question for those that had unplanned pregnancies

Postby alexa5 » Fri Sep 04, 638635 11:05 am

Out of curiousity when it happened, were you on birth control and it failed? What type? Not on birth control? Didn't use birth control at the time? I have seen several threads here about the challenges of birth control after pre-e since many women can't go back on the pill thus have to seek different methods so thought it would be interesting to hear the stories of what worked/didn't work, etc. :-)

Return to “Ask the Experienced”