Large for dates...Preterm Labor?? Feeling great!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
3preemiekidz

Re : Large for dates...Preterm Labor?? Feeling great!

Postby 3preemiekidz » Sat Jun 05, 2004 05:18 pm

I measured incredibly big with my last baby. By the time they induced me at 31 weeks I was measuring 41 weeks. I had polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid) and the baby also measured a couple of weeks ahead. I had a lot of braxton hicks with her and the induction went really fast as my body was ready to pop at that point. I felt huge and looked like I was carrying twins.

Some people just measure big for no known reason. Hopefully you won't have any problems with PTL and will make it to 37 weeks. By the way, my daughter at 31 weeks weighed 4lb 7oz and we were sure of her dates so it just shows, babies come in all sizes. Take care

Rebecca
Mom to Audri 4,
Ezra 2 1/2,
Liya 1
and #4 EDD 8/1/04
born at 35, 29 and 31 weeks due to Pre-e/HELLP

mnmommy

Postby mnmommy » Sat Jun 05, 2004 06:14 am

The last US was done almost 3 weeks ago and at that time I was 30 weeks and he weighed four pounds three ounces. The other measurements ranged from 31w5d to 33w5d.

I go Wed. for the next US. It will be interesting to see if we "go early" as the doctor might predict!

Stephanie

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Sat Jun 05, 2004 00:15 am

Stephanie..

Sounds like things are going well for you!... Have they done an ultrasound lately to see how big the baby is?. Just wondering because I have measured 3 weeks with this preg since they have started measuring...

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/l ... ope&Sort=V

mnmommy

Large for dates...Preterm Labor?? Feeling great!

Postby mnmommy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 09:48 pm

Hi everyone!

SOME GOOD NEWS! I am feeling very well lately! BP is great, baby is wonderful and all is well....

BUT....

I am still measuring large for dates. I will be 33 weeks on Sunday and am measuring 37 weeks. While my OB said that she would not change my dates, she did say today that there may be a risk that my uterus will hit the 40 week mark and determine that the baby is done cooking before he actually is...??? She made sure that I had received the Betamethasone (lung shot) which I had and said that I was good to go.

Have any of you heard of this or experienced it? I have had several BH contractions but none as of late. I assume that this is similar to moms of twins when their uterus just won't grow anymore. You must be picturing a monster of a pregnant woman, but I don't look THAT BIG..at least that's what I have led myself to believe! There is a constant stetching feeling like I ate too much food that I will be glad to get rid of!

TIA!

Stephanie

Mom to Madelyn born at term with PE
EDD baby boy Taylor 7/25/04

Return to “Ask the Experienced”