New, 23 wks, suspected pre-e

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mom2girls

Re : New, 23 wks, suspected pre-e

Postby mom2girls » Thu Dec 04, 638628 4:29 am

Angie, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my prayers!

linasmommy

Postby linasmommy » Tue Dec 02, 638628 6:54 pm

Angie,
Your story reminds me so much of mine that it gave me chills to read it. We too were told of concerns of spina bifida at our 20-week appointment, and our baby was measuring 8 days behind as well. Around my 23rd week, I had pain in my lower chest that was so severe, that it hurt to laugh, breathe, and even to sleep due to the pressure when I would lay down. It felt like my rib cage was bruised. I reported it to my OB at the time, and he basically suggested that it was costochondritis over the telephone and stated that he thought it was harmless. I've been wondering ever since whether it was really the first sign of HELLP syndrome, which I was later diagnosed with about a week later when I got really sick and had to deliver Carolina.
I too chose to have a C-section in order to give her every chance possible at surviving. Plus, I was in such a state of shock and didn't think I could emotionally handle a vaginal delivery knowing that she wouldn't survive it.
I understand the horrible feeling of being on magnesium sulfate ON TOP of C-Section pain meds, all while dealing with the absolute shock and horror of how our life had just changed so drastically and so horribly in such a short period of time. We had 55 hours with Carolina, but I didn't really "snap out" of my magnesium-induced fog until her last couple of hours of life. The magnesium is truly awful, isn't it?
Our baby also stopped growing at 21 weeks, so she was only 13 oz and 9 inches long. She was beautiful.
I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I know how much pain you must be in. Please know that it does get better - it's been almost 8 months since we lost our baby, and though it still hurts and I think of her daily, I feel very hopeful that everything will be okay. And I feel blessed to have had the time we did have with her, even if that just meant the time she was in my belly and the few hours she lived outside of me.
I wish you healing and peace over the next several months. Please know that you are not alone.

southerngirl108

Postby southerngirl108 » Sun Nov 23, 638628 2:00 am

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you. I am keeping you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers!

audrey s.

Postby audrey s. » Sun Nov 09, 638628 5:18 pm

I am so sorry to hear this news. How very frightening for you all, and how very, very sad. :( Please take good care of yourself in this time of healing, and I hope the board can continue to be a resource in the sad, difficult times ahead.

frumiousb

Postby frumiousb » Sun Nov 09, 638628 2:25 pm

So sorry to hear this. I read this thread with a sinking feeling, since those symptoms sounded terribly familiar.

Strength to you and your husband in the difficult time ahead.

Cheryl

glimmer

Postby glimmer » Fri Sep 26, 638628 3:43 am

You, your husband and Olivia are in my thoughts. I am so very sorry for your loss. You have an intense period of grief ahead of you, but I hope you will get through it and there will be happier times for your family ahead.

tree
Forum Moderator

Postby tree » Mon Aug 11, 638628 1:15 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Sun Aug 10, 638628 1:39 pm

Angie - I'm so sorry for your loss of your sweet Olivia.

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Sun Aug 10, 638628 4:35 am

Angie, I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Olivia, and all that you have been through physically. I lost my son Griffin three years ago and these boards were a wonderful resource for me, a place where people really get what I was going through. I hope we can offer the same to you. Take care of yourself.

gilld

Postby gilld » Sat Aug 09, 638628 3:15 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I was crying reading your post - it brought back my dark time in December when I lost my baby around the same gestation with severe PE. You are not alone here. Hope you get the support you need to move forward from here.Very best wishes.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”