Protein in urine numbers

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
khailibowen

Re : Protein in urine numbers

Postby khailibowen » Fri Aug 28, 2009 02:59 pm

caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : Protein in urine numbers

Postby caryn » Fri Aug 28, 2009 02:41 pm

Proteinuria isn't usually a reason for an induction per se. They're more worried about other symptoms like uncontrollable blood pressure or decreased fetal movement or visual disturbances, because they're more tightly pegged to poor outcome. Proteinuria is a very soft indicator, an extremely vague one, and we know that kidneys tend to recover completely postpartum, so they don't worry as much about proteinuria. One indicator of severe preeclampsia is proteinuria of +5,000.

(FWIW, mine got to +17,000, but we delivered for fetal indicators.)

khailibowen

Protein in urine numbers

Postby khailibowen » Fri Aug 28, 2009 01:30 pm

I remember way back when I was preggers with baby 2 I read a list of protein numbers and when it becomes serious.

I now have a friend who is in the hospital right now and we need this information. Her protein in urine numbers are 495. The did a dip cheak and it was +6. Her BP is very high too, though not fluctuating.

Any idea on where protein gets to a point where it is labeled serious enough for induction?

Thanks

Return to “Ask the Experienced”