Question for all of you HGers

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
angelical

Re : Question for all of you HGers

Postby angelical » Tue Jan 20, 637029 2:21 am

oh geez... I was asleep last night when I was reading/posting here... for some reason, I was thinking HG meant gestational diabetes. I have no idea why! {blush}

Now that I'm awake, let me add that while pree/HELLP almost killed me, hyperemesis is just as scary for me! I was working full-time through the pregnancy and had an hour commute. With the severe m/s, I was about dead, long before pree tried to kill me.

:-

Sharel
(awake now)

------------------------
Sharel O'Connell
Local coordinator for Pittsburgh area
'Parents of Preemies' co-moderator
Survivor of Preeclampsia, HELLP Syndome, & preemie parenting
Future adoptive mom

Aaron (28 weeker, 5/2/02) -- my tiny guy is TWO!
Kevin - DH

akemt

Postby akemt » Sat Jan 10, 637029 8:10 am

HG is hyperemesis...or am I missing something? Hyperemesis gravidarum e.g. HG

Catherine (23), Moderator (pregnant again)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
Girl #2 due August 11, 2004 Borderline PIH & gallbladder fun!

jjbeck1

Postby jjbeck1 » Sat Jan 10, 637029 5:55 am

I agree, I think it is harder for the husbands. Though I had quited a few problems, I dont think i was in rough a shape as some of you ladies. I was more concerned about Ava's health. If i did do it again, I think i would go see a specialest out of state and discuss antihypertensives. I was thinking about adoption or surrogacy, but now kinda think maybe I could do it again.

Jen 32
DH Bob 36

EDD 5/17/04

http://babygirl.aokwebhost4free.com

angelical

Postby angelical » Thu Jan 08, 637029 8:08 pm

I'm in the same boat.

I (luckily) didn't have HG, but I did have hypermesis, PIH, pree, HELLP, oligio, and an emergency c-section at 28 weeks (vertical incision). So, I'm really not a good candidate for pregnancy. Especially since my bp still isn't under control (2 years post) and I haven't done very well losing weight. (to say the least)

So, while my husband is adamant against having me be pregnant again, I still cannot tell him to get the snip... yet. Last night, even, I was upset thinking about so many people around me having babies (despite it all, i LOVED being pregnant). But I really doubt we ever will.

And, we are in the process of adoption too. (foster care -- not an infant) So hopefully one day, Aaron will have a sibling (or 2) without me having to risk my life (or the baby's).

Good luck with your decision. I know it is so hard to think about. (I have to say though, I worried about you so much during your pregnancy, I personnally can't imagine you going thru it all again! LOL)

Sharel

------------------------
Sharel O'Connell
Local coordinator for Pittsburgh area
'Parents of Preemies' co-moderator
Survivor of Preeclampsia, HELLP Syndome, & preemie parenting
Future adoptive mom

Aaron (28 weeker, 5/2/02) -- my tiny guy is TWO!
Kevin - DH

kim

Postby kim » Thu Jan 08, 637029 11:18 am

I really don't know. I think that, eventually, my emotions will take over and I will be willing to risk it. My husband is VERY against it. I think it's harder for them, in that he witnessed me dying... I just don't know...[V]

Kim
Texas Chapter Coordinator

Ainsley 11/26/02-36 Weeks Preeclampsia
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ainsleyk/

jjbeck1

Postby jjbeck1 » Mon Dec 29, 637028 9:00 pm

So do you think you will take the chance and get pg again? Or is it now out of the question?

Jen 32
DH Bob 36

EDD 5/17/04

kim

Postby kim » Mon Dec 29, 637028 3:20 pm

Oh Jen,
I feel EXACTLY the same way. I could totally take having just hg again (as horrible as it is), because we know there is an end to it and there are things the docs can do to control it. But preeclampsia is such a gamble. We have to fear for our baby's and our own lives. My God, at 18 months postpartum, I still have random bp and kidney problems that I never had before I was pregnant. I do so want another baby, but not sure I can face the diseases again.
Just wanted you to know that I'm right there with ya!!

Kim
Texas Chapter Coordinator

Ainsley 11/26/02-36 Weeks Preeclampsia
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ainsleyk/

jjbeck1

Question for all of you HGers

Postby jjbeck1 » Mon Dec 29, 637028 1:20 pm

Hi all. I know I have said during my pg that I would not be getting pg again due to all of the problems with this pg and past pgs. My dh is 100% opposed to me getting pg again. I had signed the consent to have a tubal but changed my mond at the last minute. If I just had HG I would get pg again in a minute. But with the hypertension and related problems, I am quite worried to get pg again, though I am not as opposed to the idea as I was and find myself thinking maybe I could do it again.
With HG and hypertension problems during pg, did you decide to do it again? Was your husband up for it?

Jen 32
DH Bob 36

EDD 5/17/04

Return to “Ask the Experienced”