BP questions.....*Updated*

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : BP questions.....*Updated*

Postby caryn » Thu Aug 06, 2009 04:29 pm

Yep, Gestational Hypertension is just the umbrella term for any kind of problems with the placenta that lead to elevations in blood pressure or to other immune system responses.

I'm glad they're running those tests; please keep us posted as you're able.

julie f

Postby julie f » Wed Aug 05, 2009 08:00 pm

So glad you went in, let us know how everything comes out. PIH is another term for gestational hypertension.

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Wed Aug 05, 2009 07:40 pm

Glad you went to see your OB and you are doing a 24 hour urine. I hope everything comes back fine. Fingers crossed for you!

mlcoltrain

BP questions.....*Updated*

Postby mlcoltrain » Wed Aug 05, 2009 01:24 pm

I am at a loss of what to do. I have 2 stupid scares this past wknd one on Friday afternoon and one Sunday night. I was getting high readings at home and went into the docs and then L&D b/c I was so worried. Both times I get there I get really normal readings for me like one teens / mid 60-low 70 and clean urine. But at home during the day I can't barely get a reading below 130/80. At night and first thing in the morning according to my machine it likes to spike to low 140/low90. I'm just confused, I've never had problems like this before. I am not sure what to do, everytime I freak out and we drive the 30min to doc/hospital everything comes back way normal. I take my DD today for her 5yr checkup and my doc is in the same place, I'm debating just popping in and having them check my BP for peace of mind. I am 37wks and 2wks from my c-section date, I just feel like I don't know what to do, I don't want to be running to L&D everynight for the next 2wks.

************************* Update
So after my DD's appt, went to see my doc and just asked if they could check my BP since I was getting weird readings at home. I go in and sitting up they check and it's 143/100.. =/ So she has me lay down and I know what is going to happen. As soon as I lay down it drops to 120/80 for all subsquent readings. So I told them I had been up in L&D on Sun. and they said my urine was clean, only to come to find out the morons didn't check for Protein or any other PE stuff even though I told them of my history. No idea what they tested for then. So my doc ordered blood work, now I am doing a 24hr urine and I go back on Friday for a NST. I'm glad now that I went after my DD's appt to see the doc. The nurse said the doc was ordering everything b/c I am at a risk for Gestational Hypertension, I didn't think to ask but is that actually different from PIH?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”