When to start LDA

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : When to start LDA

Postby caryn » Sun Apr 21, 638622 1:03 pm

Yes, Jamie and Kara are exactly right -- your doc knows your history, and should be able to explain his or her reasoning.

Good luck!

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Wed Apr 10, 638622 10:31 am

My MFM told me to start when TTC. I don't have any underlying conditions that the require anticoagulation, borderline HTN. However, my dad had a blood clot resulting in a stroke at the age of 45 so my MFM is still debating whether even further anticoagulation (Lovenox) would be helpful in the pregnancy.

I would just ask your doc why he chooses 12 weeks to know what his reasoning is. I was worried the LDA would be linked to miscarriage but my MFM and OB think the risk is minimal.

Good luck!

rachelsmommy

Postby rachelsmommy » Tue Apr 09, 638622 10:16 pm

My doctor had me start it at 12 weeks.

Best of luck to you!

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Tue Apr 09, 638622 12:20 pm

You should start it when your doctor tells you. Some people start it earlier, or are on it when not pregnant due to blood clotting disorders. Others aren't on it at all. Some docs don't want it started until 12 weeks, and others start it first positive pregnancy test. Everyone is different and each doc is different, and since your doc knows the intimate details of your medical history, it's best to go with his/her recommendation!

HOW EXCITING, btw! Wishing you much success with TTC #2!

amandaoasis

When to start LDA

Postby amandaoasis » Tue Apr 09, 638622 5:57 am

My husband and are planning on TTC #2 in November. When I saw my MFM, she recommended starting LDA on a positive HPT. Is this a normal starting time? I have been noticing that some women are starting it months prior to TTC. Just curious.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”