Convinced i'm getting Pre-Eclampsia again!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
klolav

Re : Convinced i'm getting Pre-Eclampsia again!

Postby klolav » Sat Nov 25, 638615 3:47 am

Good Luck today Waiting Hopefully, you are officially term!
I'm still preg, 37 + 4 and no major signs yet, just constant aches and pains!
But as far as PE goes, all is looking well this time. Back to being monitored weekly now. Baby has turned back to back which is lovely!!! Consultant next week, who has suggested c-sec at 39 weeks, so will see!
Let us know how your appointment goes today and good luck with pushing for induction!

waitinghopefully

Postby waitinghopefully » Thu Nov 02, 638615 12:17 pm

Caryn, thank you for the HYPITAT link. It backs up my "gut" feeling but boy do my doctors HATE informed patients. Need to gear myself up to be confident, in control and clear on Thursday i.e. don't give in nod and burst into tears if they suggest going to 40 weeks or over!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Mon Oct 23, 638615 12:19 pm

The new HYPITAT data seems to support induction before things get worse -- your odds, and the baby's odds, are better with induction than with waiting for things to progress on their own.

I'd ask about it; it's very new and not all providers have seen the data.

waitinghopefully

Postby waitinghopefully » Sun Oct 22, 638615 3:15 pm

37 weeks today! Still steady but really nervous. consultant appointment Thursday time to talk induction methinks

waitinghopefully

Postby waitinghopefully » Sat Jul 10, 638613 7:55 am

Brilliant news! I'm hanging on in there at the moment. Really struggling with the methyldopa side effects and very swollen but protein stable and BP holding. They're doing more bloods etc this afternoon. I'm not sure what i want at this stage. I am at 36+3 and feel like I'm just waiting to get sicker but hey it might not happen! No idea when or if they would induce me need to ask what the "policy" is. part of me wants to hang on and do it naturally if possible the other part wants to get in and get him out while all is well (ish)!

klolav

Postby klolav » Sat Jul 10, 638613 3:03 am

Waiting Hopefully- have you any update? any more news?
Things my end are very quiet! can't believe i'm 37 weeks on Sunday and haven't got PE (at moment). Just as things looked like they were heading in the wrong route, my BP has gone right down low again, and no protein last couple of days. My consultant on Wed said 'not out of the woods yet, but so far so good'. She has offered an elective section at 39 weeks. Really can't decide what to do, as I also have pelvic girdle pain, which could prove to be painful with natural birth!
Anyway, really just wondered if you have had your baby yet, or hanging in on there!

klolav

Postby klolav » Tue May 25, 638613 9:33 pm

Hi waiting hopefully
Sorry to hear things have got a bit worse, but glad your being watched regularly. I'm surprised they haven't just started you with the bp rising! But at least medication should help. Good about baby being average size too.
Congrats on the stage of pregnancy, I too was 36 weeks yesterday, and am officially more pregnant as last one was 34+4! It actually feels wierd, because I feel full term and ready to drop! getting very uncomfortable. I'm ok being monitored few times a week, but felt better last few days. Trace of protein most days, but no more, only slight swelling and blood pressure although was creeping seems to have stabled again, so you never know I might miss it this time! Although felt 'wierd' all day, bit spaced out & tightening of stomach, think it's just braxton hicks. Slight pain but not too bad! I've got Midwife tom & consultant Wed, so will have update then.
good luck & take care! Keep us posted

waitinghopefully

Postby waitinghopefully » Tue May 25, 638613 9:35 am

Hello! Saw consultant on Thursday. Two readings of bang on 140/90 and a 155/88 in clinic and protein etc and I had swollen up like a balloon since Tuesday. She put me straight on methyldopa (aldomet) 250mg 4 times a days and I have to have twice weekly bp and bloods. Feeling absolutely wrecked from methyldopa and resemble michelin woman but still standing! I am however officially more pregnant than I have ever been as am 36 weeks today and dd was born at 35 + 4! Baby is measuring avaerage on scan growth ok placenta looked ok but he wouldn't stop kicking cord to get accurate reading :)

How are you doing?

klolav

Postby klolav » Tue Apr 20, 638613 4:30 am

Thank you for all your responses
My blood pressure hasn't gone up any more but still getting headaches, chest pain and now 1+ protein. On the plus side my midwife is now monitoring me every 2-3 days rather than weekly, to keep an eye on the blood pressure, which appears to be creeping up.
So I feel a bit better in that i'm being monitored more closely. In myself I feel awful and got that pale puffy face that doesn't look good, so I think this is the beginning, but at least we can catch it this time!
Waiting Hopefully- have you had any more developments? Hope your well

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Mon Apr 19, 638613 8:33 pm

In the UK the screening should be handled according to PRECOG -- the Preeclampsia Community Guideline -- and yes, it can move faster than a week!

Bad bloodwork is just one marker for preeclampsia, and technically diagnosis only requires two bp readings of 140/90 and a 24-hour proteinuria of 300 mg. Headache, feeling unwell, a bp elevation, *and* pain under the ribs would all make me very concerned as well.

Don't hesitate to be the squeaky wheel here. Please keep us posted as you're able.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”