Does Pre-ecclampsia make you tired?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
dolphinjen

Re : Does Pre-ecclampsia make you tired?

Postby dolphinjen » Wed May 06, 2009 08:59 am

I actually asked the wrong question, I should have asked, does high blood pressure make you tired...I haven't been dx'd with pre-e yet, thank God.

I just woke up and I am so tired already...

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Wed May 06, 2009 03:14 am

I think it was more the meds that made me exhausted.

jayme

Postby jayme » Wed May 06, 2009 02:51 am

Pregnancy itself makes me tired! I've been napping every day.

rsobaje

Postby rsobaje » Tue May 05, 2009 09:28 pm

I'm not sure either, but I'm only 24 and I'm tired all the time too! I'm on Aldomet, and since I've been on it I've been really tired. I sleep all night, and take 1-2 naps a day. This could also be because I'm on bed rest and bored. I've never been pregnant before, so I don't know if this is how I would normally feel at 36 weeks or not. But I did notice that ti got worse when I started the medication. This was also the same time I was diagnosed with PE so it's hard to say if it really is the Aldomet, or if it's the PE>

carjashaner

Postby carjashaner » Tue May 05, 2009 08:53 pm

I don't know the scientific answer to this, but I am also 40 now, and have an 11 month old. I was exhausted the entire time I was pregnant. I didn't enjoy my pregnancy experience this time around, and not just because of the post partum experience I had, but the fatigue was horrible.

dolphinjen

Does Pre-ecclampsia make you tired?

Postby dolphinjen » Tue May 05, 2009 05:16 pm

Like, more tired than the non pre-ecclamptic pregnant woman? I don't know if it's that I'm 40, that I have high bp, the meds, or my level of fatigue is normal but I sleep (or want to) all the time. And when I'm awake I'm tired. Argghhh, I hate it. It's gotten to the point where I wonder, "Is this how I've always been? Tired and irritable?" I don't remember feeling not tired and not crabby. I worry that this is how it will be forever, but I hope that's not the case, that I return to some semblence of normalcy re: feeling tired once the baby has started sleeping through the night. Anyway, just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”