Update to Yucky High BP ** Updated**

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
waitinghopefully

Re : Update to Yucky High BP ** Updated**

Postby waitinghopefully » Wed Mar 14, 638610 2:20 am

Jaime hoping they can help you hang in there. Will be thinking of you

susheli

Postby susheli » Wed Mar 14, 638610 12:17 am

Jamie, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. It sounds like a good sign that your bps have stabilized when lying and sitting, and hopefully your results will be good. Please let us know when you can.
You're in my thoughts and I hope with all my heart for the best possible outcome for your and your baby.
Many hugs, xoxo Sush

blythe

Postby blythe » Tue Mar 13, 638610 8:38 pm

(((hugs))) Jaime. You and your baby will be in my thoughts and prayers.

cheleandcallidora

Postby cheleandcallidora » Tue Mar 13, 638610 8:38 pm

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything goes well. Hugs!

babyemsmom

Postby babyemsmom » Tue Mar 13, 638610 7:00 pm

I am so sorry to hear this. I am hoping and praying for goood test results and that everything will remain stable for a while. Glad that you are in the hospital and beinge watched closely.

You are in my thoughts!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Tue Mar 13, 638610 6:46 pm

Jamie -
I'm glad your in the hospital and that your BP is down. I *hoping so much* that your tests come back okay. Continue to post if you can - you are around others that understand...

Thinking of you today Jamie -

patty

Postby patty » Tue Mar 13, 638610 6:45 pm

((hugs)) Hope you get good news from your lab work tonite. Hang in there!

love_the_daschies

Update to Yucky High BP ** Updated**

Postby love_the_daschies » Tue Mar 13, 638610 6:20 pm

Wow - people aren't kidding when they say this disease can mover fast. I saw my doctor on Monday and was upped to 60 mg Procardia XL. Wednesday my feet/ankles/calves were very swollen. i chalked it up to being active all day - but I knew it was bad. I noticed how bad I was swollen at midnight on Wed. Thursday morning I went in and saw my doctor at 10 a.m. - my BP was 190/100 , urine protein dip was +2. Was sent right over to L&D.

When I arrived at L&D my BPs were 150's/90-100. Liver enzymes slightly elevated. Extreme swelling. Once the L&D team were sure I was fairly stable I was admitted to hospitalized bed rest. Today we are repeating liver enzymes tests, a 24 hour urine, an echocardiogram , and another ultrasound ( I guess the fluid was low in yesterdays u/s and baby measured 19.5-20 weeks and I am 21.5 weeks).

Right now I really just need to wait for test results. My bps have been very good - 120s/70s laying down and 140s/80 when sitting up (I was told this will be my O.K range).

The possible outcomes I have told is:
1) This is an underlying disorder we can treat and identify (unlikely - but best case scenerio)

2) I am stabilized and able to be released on bed rest for what is sure to be a VERY LONG / VERY TOUGH remainder of pregnancy

3) It is the start of a life threatening situation and I will be delivered and baby will die on his own since they do not support before 24 weeks (which I understand)

I won't know more until tonight when the labs are all back and my 24-hour urine is done

THIS SUCKS

Jamie

*Update below"

Return to “Ask the Experienced”