Emotional Issues because of high risk status

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
lilillini

Re : Emotional Issues because of high risk status

Postby lilillini » Thu Sep 21, 638609 11:00 pm

I think it's completely normal to have mixed emotions about a high risk pregnancy. I know I was thrilled to be pregnant, but even now as I'm getting closer, I have this tremendous guilt that this baby is going through what my son went through and will probably be born around the same gestation. My son is almost 4 and perfectly healthy, but I will always feel that guilt for the less-than-ideal conditions in which he came into the world, even though I know that it wasn't my fault.

If you didn't love your baby and want the absolute best for him, you wouldn't be so worried! I know it's so hard to be optimistic when dealing with a complicated pregnancy. *hugs* Vent away anytime you need to! I think we can all relate!

tangerine

Postby tangerine » Thu Sep 21, 638609 10:47 pm

I apologize for sounding like a "downer", I am trying to stay focused on the positive...sometimes it just feels hard.

Pregnancy hormones don't help my emotions..you know? lol

Thanks for your reply ((hugs))

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Thu Sep 21, 638609 9:44 am

I'm sure many can. ((((hugs))))

For us this was planned, but especially compared to my first pregnancy that was very easy and made me more balanced and serene than I usually am, it has been difficult to notice you can have two very different experiences...

I have also gone through difficult things (not connected to pregnancy) during this time, and I have been so very worried about PE I have decided not to get pregnant ever again. I've also had it hard physically and mentally - I've been very moody and nervous throughout this pregnancy, and even I don't like myself at this point. I'm really looking forward to have this baby, but I sometimes wonder what it has done to him that I've been so stressed out while expecting him, and I'm also worried it might take some time before I get to be my normal self again, if he will be a demanding baby - as I already have a demanding toddler at home.

So even though my situation is not similar, I'm sure we all worry about something while pregnant and thinking about how our lives are going to change. Then add the high risk worries, and it certainly won't make this any easier. But let's just try and focus on the positive things - trying to find at least some little things every day. :)

Karoliina

tangerine

Emotional Issues because of high risk status

Postby tangerine » Wed Sep 20, 638609 7:46 pm

This has been a difficult pregnancy from the get go for me and my family. From the beginning it was bad timing, I lost my job after 12 yrs and then 3 months later I find out I'm pregnant...not to mention my only dd is 16 so this is a huge gap. I'm the one that really took some time to adjust to the idea of having a baby again and then just dealing with my job loss and finances has been a real struggle.

Then I find out that I'm a high risk pregnancy, I have high BP and I just generally haven't felt well. I've been worried about the baby, worried about me...just plain worried. I have felt like it's hard to really connect like I'd like to with my pregnancy because it's causing me problems...if that makes sense. I know I can't be alone, but I just need to hear that. lol, I feel like a crappy mom because of these feelings. Can anyone relate at all?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”