UPDATE: silver spots/ floaters

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
karoliina

Re : UPDATE: silver spots/ floaters

Postby karoliina » Thu Sep 21, 638609 9:25 am

Thanks for the update! I'm also happy to hear your labs are okay, and you have a good plan for monitoring and inducing made for you. I'm sure it makes things easier, even though it's always a little scary to start preparing for the new arrival - but luckily in a good way. :)

Karoliina

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Sun Sep 10, 638609 12:08 pm

Glad to hear your blood work is normal and that you have a plan for delivery!!! Getting close! Hang in there.

lindalulu

Postby lindalulu » Sun Sep 10, 638609 3:25 am

Hi Everyone,
I found out from my doctor today that my bloodwork came back normal (They were just checking my liver I guess) and that they are inducing me on April 23rd because of the pre-e!!! Of course they are monitoring me twice a week in the meantime, if the pre-e gets worse I may have to go sooner. But right now it's day by day until the 23rd! (My original due date was May 15th) My new bp monitor is giving me higher readings than m other one and it's a better cuff size, so the doctors feel it's more accurate. It is so weird to know when baby Henry is coming and that this pregnancy is finally coming to an end...and our new life is beginning! I have such mixed feelings about it... excitement, fear, happiness, but disappointment too. I wish he could have come at his own pace and had a full 40 wks to grow and get healthy. I wish my body would have cooperated and allowed him that. He's a little bit over 5 lbs now so I'm hoping he will put on a little bit more weight before he comes. I just want him to be healthy. I have pre-existing heart conditions as well, so the doctors want me in the hospital for monitoring the whole labor anyhow, and it gives me a little bit of peace of mind that I won't be surprised with something with my heart while at home.
I'll keep you posted in the next few weeks how things are going. I am just so happy I found this board bc this diagnosis was scary and confusing and you all really helped me through it. I know it's not over yet, but I wanted to thank you all! Linda

carjashaner

Postby carjashaner » Wed Aug 30, 638609 3:18 am

I have had those lights both in andout of pregnancy. My neurologist says that mikne are when my blood pressure gets high. Since I never took my BP when I have them right away, I am not sure what my trigger range is with them. Glad to hear your docs are watching you close. Keep us up to date and good luck.

lindalulu

Postby lindalulu » Wed Aug 30, 638609 1:58 am

Thanks for clarifying that Caryn.... it makes me feel better and know what to look for. I appreciate the input! Have a good night!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Wed Aug 30, 638609 1:28 am

Proteinuria isn't as worrisome a symptom as some other things. I hit +17,000, but wasn't delivered because of that -- but because of fetal indicators.

Once you're sick, they're a lot more likely to fret about the appearance of new symptoms. The vomiting worries me -- one of our docs has referred to vomiting and nausea as "underappreciated symptoms" -- but bloodwork's the way to rule that in or out.

In your shoes, I'd keep in close contact with them for any symptom changes, any persistant symptoms like vomiting or bad headache or visual disturbances, and do kick counts. And there's certainly no harm in running another 24-hour (I think the test costs $5) particularly if you have new symptoms.

lindalulu

Postby lindalulu » Wed Aug 30, 638609 1:13 am

thanks ladies, I appreciate the support! Out of curiosity, do you think that waiting until next week for a 24 hr urine test is ok?

blythe

Postby blythe » Wed Aug 30, 638609 12:50 am

I'm so glad you shared your symptoms and your concerns and that your medical team is watching you so closely. Keep watching your signs and symptoms and call your doc / L&D for *anything*. Hang in there!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Tue Aug 29, 638609 2:57 pm

I am so glad that you were seen - your concerns were scary to us. It sounds like they are on top of things - your job is to call in with anything new that comes up - even if it doesn't seem important - let your OB's decide on the importance of it.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Tue Aug 29, 638609 1:20 pm

I'm glad to hear there were at least some good news (BP, urine etc.) even if you're feeling off, which of course is a bummer. :( I hope you/they will find out why, and you'll get help and relief. I also hope the labs will be good.

You're in good weeks already! I hope everything will go smoothly until the end. :)

Karoliina

Return to “Ask the Experienced”