Chronic Hypertension and now other issues

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
carjashaner

Re : Chronic Hypertension and now other issues

Postby carjashaner » Wed Aug 30, 638609 4:21 am

Hello mammakk!

I am a migraine sufferer, have been all my life. I can tell you that the headache that I got when the PP PE hit was worse thn anything I have ever experienced. They are not lying when they say that most women describe it as the "worst headache of their life".I hope I never feel that type of head pain ever again. Teh morphine and Dilaudid that they gave me did nothing for the headache, as opiates tend to make headachesworse...at least for me. A combination of 800mg Motrin and Fiurocet did it for me, but I had already delivered the baby at the time, so it was safe for me to take.

Glad to hear that you and your doctors have a plan. Keep us up to date when you can.

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Tue Aug 29, 638609 12:30 am

Yes, you're right it is a relief to have a diagnosis and a plan. I hope everything will go as smoothly as possible!

Keep us posted.

Karoliina

mommakk

Postby mommakk » Mon Aug 28, 638609 8:46 pm

Had my drs appt this am. found out that my protien is at 525 (or so) - left my lab paperwork in my office. Doctor wants to to biophysical profiles 2x a week rather than NSTs. They did one today and everything looks okay. He said he will monitor that really closely and do steroids if they begin to see changes. My blood pressure looked really good yesterday while I was at work, so he told me that I could keep working so long as that continued. So I am more relxed now that I know that even though there is a problem, we caught it early and we have a plan that seems very logical in place to moitor what is going on.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Sat Aug 05, 638609 3:46 pm

My sinus headaches feel like pain in the front of my forehead & cheeks. Tylenol and/or antihistamines can help it feel better. The PE headache is from pressure because your brain is swelling. Mine felt like my head was being squeezed from all sides at once. I had IV morphine and other drugs (I forget which now) and it didn't help with the pain, maybe only dulled it slightly. I have never had a migraine but people have described it as being much like a migraine including light sensitivy.

Epigastic or URQ (upper right quadrant) pain can feel very similar to reflux or baby pressing up too high. If it gets really bad it is unbearable (from what I understand) but we don't want it to get that bad!! Here's a link to a discussion on HELLP describing it: http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=492 There is no good way to determine what is causing URQ pain except blood work.

Hope this helps.

mommakk

Postby mommakk » Wed Jul 26, 638609 11:25 am

Bp turned out to be lower thru the day. Have not been feeling great but can't really narrow it to any specific symptoms. Thinking stress might be a big player right now.
Hubby seems to ntice that my bp tends to spike at night. This evening it was 140/85. Tends to still be high in the am, but goes down to really good levels after a showeer and sitting up for a while. I spent most of today between the bed, the coucg, and the reciner where i try to sit with more pressure on my left than my right.

Still don't even know for sure if the docs consider me to have PE or not. My doctor gets back from vacation on Tuesday and I have an appointment first thing. Want to know what my labs said, more than just okay. I also want to get some clue about symptoms ith a lot of preexisting issues. For example BP issues could just be from my chbp. How are the headaches diiff from sinus headaches caused byy my seasonal allergiees. how is the epigastric pain diff from what happens because of my reflux.

I have learned so much from what I read here but feel I am missing some important information to help understand what my body is doing.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Tue Jul 25, 638609 2:08 am

Well darn. Any other symptoms? I'll be thinking about you. Keep us posted when you can.

mommakk

Postby mommakk » Mon Jul 24, 638609 5:35 pm

My pressures were looking okay for 24 hours. Now they seem to be creeping back up. They have been just below the 140/90 threshold that the doc's office gave me. woke up this am with very mild swelling in my right hand. gonna call the on call doc after my next pressure at 10 if it has not come back down.

mommakk

Postby mommakk » Sun Jul 02, 638609 1:50 pm

Just heard from the docs office. They said that my labs came back ok. Still hve the monster headache, but slightly better. Doc qants me out of work until tomorrow. then my doc will be back next week. hopefully things will settle down until then.

julie f

Postby julie f » Sun Jul 02, 638609 8:49 am

Glad that they are taking good care of you. Please continue to watch yourself very closely, this is a disease that can develop and progress very rapidly. Don't hesitate to head straight in to be checked should you notice that things are changing. Also, keep up with your kick counts and let your doctor know immediately if you notice a change or decrease in movement.

Let us know when you find out about your labs.

Oh, and as far as being a bit of a hypochondriac and worrying about what is real or not, trust your gut. If you happen to be wrong, no harm done right? We often hear women tell us that they "just knew" or "felt something off." Trust yourself.

mommakk

Postby mommakk » Sun Jul 02, 638609 8:37 am

Accidentally typed my response as an email.

Turned in labwork. spoke to nurse about headache and submitted bp readings. they were cocerned enough to have my labwork done stat. so i will call rhem in a bit

Nurse said that she spoke to one of the docs and they may have me come in for steroids in case i go early.

So still pretty nervous but trusting that i an in good medical hands and ultimately held in the hands of a wonderful God.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”