Zoe Lynn is here! - long

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
trish
Forum Moderator

Re : Zoe Lynn is here! - long

Postby trish » Wed Mar 11, 2009 08:46 am

So big and so cute!! Congratulations!!! :)

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Wed Mar 11, 2009 03:10 am

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the lovely video clip! She's so beautiful. :)

I hope everything will be well - it sounds promising!

Karoliina

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Tue Mar 10, 2009 09:31 pm

Welcome Earthside, Zoe!

And yes, the risk of postpartum PE runs for six weeks, but is highest the first few days postpartum. The fact that your blood pressure dropped with delivery is a good sign though, IIRC.

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Tue Mar 10, 2009 08:28 pm

Congratulations! That's ridiculous about the nurse - pain meds were really pushed on my after my c/s to help keep my BP lower!

erikah1980

Postby erikah1980 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 08:21 pm

Congrats! Big sis seams to be really excited! I cannot relate to the pain med thing as with the past 4 sections I have had I refused all pain meds minus Ibuprofin. And I usually try to get them to let me leave the hospital within 24 hours after the section LOL, not the last 2 times they wouldnt let me go anywhere LOL. And I doubt they will this time, IF I EVER HAVE THIS BABY LOL. Congrats again and she is GORGEOUS!! Enjoy every minute!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Tue Mar 10, 2009 07:53 pm

Congratulations.

onesock

Postby onesock » Tue Mar 10, 2009 07:33 pm

What a cutie and all that hair! Congratulations!

blythe

Postby blythe » Tue Mar 10, 2009 07:27 pm

Congratulations! Our Experts say that post-partum PE is a risk up to 6 weeks post-partum, but the most dangerous time is 48 hours post-partum. So keep an eye on your signs and symptoms, but enjoy your new daughter!!!

shadow2356

Postby shadow2356 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 07:06 pm

Congrtulations!! She is beautiful.

sweetpea

Zoe Lynn is here! - long

Postby sweetpea » Tue Mar 10, 2009 06:59 pm

First I'd like to say to everyone here, thank you so much for all the support during my pregnancy!

On March 8th Zoe Lynn was born at 7:55 am via c-section. She is only 12 days early. The last couple of weeks had been so difficult, I came in a few times for "false" labor and at about 2 in the morning on the 8th my water broke. My b/p had been slowly rising and when I arrived at the hospital it was 138/97. It had been running this way since last Thursday. Had a nurse tell me it was just from pain and I should not worry about it. The OB got fairly upset with her.... Anyway, I was a planned c-section so since my water broke they just moved it up to the morning of the 8th. The procedure was fairly uneventful. My b/p never went any higher and shortly following surgery it fell dramatically. After a few hours it leveled off.

Post partum was uneventful until yesterday when I had an awful nurse that took it upon herself to decide that I no longer needed to have pain medication. I tried to tell her that I had only been up into a standing position once and was not able to take any steps so I would need to continue the pain meds until I was able to take some steps. But she insisted on her way. grrrrrr. Well, I paid for that all night last night. Today, has been a bit better and I have been able to get up and walk around. My incision is good but I continue to have terrible contractions.... Anyway, I got pretty upset about the nurse so all the other nurses come right on time with the pain medication. I do not want to become anymore sedentary as I am having extra swelling and I need to be moving as much as possible. I hate when nurses think they know how the patient is feeling.....

Baby is beautiful and doing well. She is nursing like a champ! It is so exciting to have a babe rooming with me. The nurses finally talked me into letting her go to the nursery last night for a couple of hours. I was sooooo exhausted but didn't want to part with her.

We are planning to fo home tomorrow. Everyone keeps telling me not to worry about my b/p but of course I do. We are so close to being completely Pre-e free I feel like I'm still sitting on the edge waiting to "make it".

Does anyone know when the risk of pp pre-e is gone?

Thanks again all for your support!

Here she is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99xNcvU8-RI

Return to “Ask the Experienced”