Please Help!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
patty

Re : Please Help!

Postby patty » Wed Mar 11, 2009 03:33 pm

Erika, I am in your general area and I sent you an e-mail with the name of the hospital that is a county or 2 over from you that would be the best place for you to go.It is where I delivered my last 4 and have been put on hospital bedrest there twice. They will not let you out of labor and delivery without doing a complete rule-out for preeclampsia. Many women from outlying hospitals get sent there for high risk care and their NICU is one of the best. Good luck to you!

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 01:55 pm

You need to go to a different hospital. Surely there must be another one in your area?

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said, but it definitely sounds like babe needs to get out of there!

erikah1980

Postby erikah1980 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 01:43 pm

Well ladies I have gone in yet again and again have been sent home. My reflexes were much more jumpy this time however the docs dont seem to care. My 4 BP readings that they took (Hubby wrote them down) were 174/111 P 105 165/105 P 101 170/105 P 106 159/95 P 89. It was when the last reading came in that they said everything seems to be "calming down now" so they decided to send me home. Since there was a drop in my pressures! I give up. Any good ideas on how to just jump start labor LOL. Seems that is going to be the only way to get these ppl to listen to me I swear. However, they will probably just tell me then that it is heartburn or something, which by the way is EXCRUTIATING right now, no relief with anything and I cannot even eat, just drink water, seems to be the ONLY thing that even half way stays down. My ankles are officially Kankles as my oldest wonderful butthead daughter put it LOL. Any my husband informed me this morning that I look like horse doo doo. How nice huh LOL. Well both of my hands have gone numb sitting here so I will keep all of you updated as I can ok! Thanks again for all of your advice and support! Have a great day, Erika Oh and by the way, yes my doc from Wisconsin has talked to these quacks down here and insisted that they deliver me right away because of how fast I progressed last time without much thought and i was on Asprin and mag sulfate and still developed Severe PRE E. So she is very upset and doesnt know what route to take now either, she is going to call me this evening to check on me again and is going to have the local public health nurse from my area contacted to come out and properly take my BP's from home for a couple of times since home is usually more relaxing she said that the readings would be more subtantial to the idiots here, as she put it LOL. Thanks again, Erika

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon Mar 09, 2009 06:06 pm

YIKES I was delivered for far less this time at 36 weeks. I had 1+ to 2+ protein. I had bps that had just gone into the 100 diastolic range 150ish/100 when I was admitted. I had a headache and CNS involvement for about 2 weeks though before being delivered. One of the main reasons they went ahead was BECAUSE of my history even though I was mild at that point. Find another hospital FAST.

As far as the swelling in the legs, I was severely swollen with my first. I still had very brisk reflexes. In fact, I kicked the dr when they tested them. So I am not sure if swelling would slow that down. I also had a lot of swelling this time. I didn't realize how much till after she was born. I had so much they had a hard time getting the epidural in and it took 5 tries. My medical records have that I had a lot of swelling noted by the nursing staff. That being said, I almost kicked my peri when she tested my reflexes at 34 weeks 6 days. She was ready and jumped out the way. :)

ambersjourney

Postby ambersjourney » Mon Mar 09, 2009 02:28 pm

How are you doing today??

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Mon Mar 09, 2009 01:46 pm

I'm so sorry you are having trouble...I'm in WI and received great care. It's such a shame care varies so much place to place. I hope you find and get the care you need!

bb0708

Postby bb0708 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:05 am

I agree with the others, find a different high risk hospital, and fast. I delivered my twins ( now 18 ) at a different hospital than planned, because my symptoms arose when I was out and I went to the nearest hospital. And has your ol ob Faxed any info to anyone, that shouldn't be too hard right. All I can say is keep going back. What about a 24 hour urine? Has anyone done one? I will prey for you. PLEASE PLEASE keep us posted.

onesock

Postby onesock » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 am

Is there any way that you can get your old OB in WI to call your new OB and reiterate your history? Agreeing with all of the others, your baby is well done, sounds like it is time to deliver.

ckthomas05

Postby ckthomas05 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:02 am

I'm not sure how far you are from the Tennessee line but I was delivered in Johnson City, Tennessee by a great high-risk group who completely understands PE. You may check at the hospital there (which also has a great NICU).

erikah1980

Postby erikah1980 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:24 pm

Thanks ladies! I have been having such a hard time with all of this. As far as my regular OB is concerned well she is in Wisconsin and I am in North Carolina. She asked how far I was from her cuz she would have delivered me 3 weeks ago with my history and without probs. When I told her where I was she said never mind and tried to get the docs down here to listen to her to no avail. I cannot get an ob down here to see me cuz of how far along I am. They tell me sorry, we are full or sorry we cannot do anything until we get your full medical history emailed to us. Which by the way the clinic I was attending in Wisconsin will not do. They said fax or mail but no email. Just their policy. Well either way it is a never ending battle without a reg. OB let me tell you. I called the L&D again today and whomever I talked to told me to come in straight away! So I did. 3 hours later and here I sit, back at home with no relief, no meds and let me tell you I am ready to give up. Another thing I forgot to mention is that I am supposed to be having a Csection. Which also by the way no one down here will schedule for me. So I guess their theory is just wait until she goes into labor, her uterus ruptures and she bleeds to death OR The preE becomes Eclampsia and something happens that way. It is just so frustrating and depressing and you feel to be fighting an uphill battle you know! As far as hospitals are concerned I have gone to the only 2 that I know of in the immediate area (both are over 30 min from where I live in opposite directions). And I seem to be getting the same results at both. The one has a level 2 and one is only a reg. L&D department so go figure there. They are more intriqued with checking my undialted cirvex and my phantom imaginary gall bladder LOL. Thanks again ladies and I will let you all know how things are going if they are ever going LOL!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”