Update on baby

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
onesock

Re : Update on baby

Postby onesock » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:43 am

Michelle, WOW, that is alot for the both of you..Im so sorry you (and baby Chase) are going through this :( I will certainly pray that he can kick this and be on the mend soon. Please don't feel like it is anything you did...its not! RSV is nasty stuff and it is a bad time of the year for all that crud. FWIW, I had a 5lb 37 weeker who got RSV at 8 weeks..my preemie never got it..but he was born in April when it is not so rampant and my 37 weeker was born Oct.30..right before prime RSV season. Hang in there and prayers to you that Chase is better soon!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Fri Feb 20, 2009 09:03 am

Michelle - I'm late on posting this but I wanted to let you know that I hope that Chase is home soon. I'm glad to hear that he's staying stable. **Hoping he gets rid of those tubes soon** ((hugs)) to you! Take care of yourself.

chubbiesmom

Postby chubbiesmom » Fri Feb 20, 2009 08:15 am

Thank you everyone for your prayers. Chase was unchanged yesterday. They tried messing with his vent setting some, but the respiratory therapist(his angel and spokesman) said he didn't like it and just wanted to give him a day where mother nature could try to do her thing.

I left the hospital yesterday for 5 hrs to try to be mom at home to my other little ones and missed all the good things. He was stable enough to get a bath and get weighed. A volunteer brought him a beautiful quilt and the nurse brought him the cutest bulldog puppy.

My dh decided he wanted to stay at the hospital last night, and of course as soon as I leave he opened his eyes for the first time since Friday of last week.

Any prayers for my little guy would be appreciated.

Michelle

rachelc

Postby rachelc » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:43 pm

I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with the hospital again so soon. I hope that he will get better quickly.

preemomof2

Postby preemomof2 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 08:59 pm

Chase is in our thoughts.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Thu Feb 19, 2009 08:17 pm

You are all in my thoughts - I hope that Chase's recovery is quick.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Thu Feb 19, 2009 00:05 am

Congrats on his safe arrival & what you did to get him that far! You have nothing to feel guilty about mama. I hope he is over his RSV and home again with you very soon.

patty

Postby patty » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:49 pm

((hugs)) I am glad you got so far along with Chase but sorry for him getting so sick. I hope he gets better soon and his lung heals quickly so he can get rid of that chest tube. I know how scary that part is, Randall had tubes in both sides. One only for about 3 or 4 days and the other for a couple of weeks. Don't feel guilty you have done everything right and done a great job getting him here, RSV season just stinks. I will be praying for him to make a full and fast recovery.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Feb 18, 2009 09:45 pm

Michelle, congratulations on Chase's arrival - what a big boy to be early! I am *so* sorry to hear he's having such scary complications. I hope he gets stronger and kicks this illness soon, poor little guy. Thinking of you.

blythe

Postby blythe » Wed Feb 18, 2009 09:12 pm

Michelle, wow it sounds like you and Chase have been through the wringer! I hope he fully recovers very soon!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”