Here goes...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
annes
Forum Moderator

Re : Here goes...

Postby annes » Thu Feb 12, 2009 08:14 am

Nikkole, I have been following you and Ethan through the Carepages, (what a great way to get info to a lot of people), and I am so happy that you guys are on the way home soon! Good Luck!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Thu Feb 12, 2009 07:12 am

Hi Hikkole! So happy for you guys! Woo Hoo for Ethan and for all of you! Love his chubby cheeks! Big ((hugs)) from Georgia!

mikeys mom

Postby mikeys mom » Thu Feb 12, 2009 06:54 am

Yeah! I am so happy for you guys. I know I think about you and Ethan a lot! I am so happy for you guys!

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Thu Feb 12, 2009 04:07 am

Thank you Nikkole for letting us share Ethan with you. The strength you and Ethan have shown has been such a testament to so many!! Congratulations on the next step in your journey!

onesock

Postby onesock » Thu Feb 12, 2009 01:47 am

I have goosebumps all over and I have followed his whole beautiful life so far! So glad you wrote this Nikki, I am sure it will bring great comfort to alot of mommas.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Thu Feb 12, 2009 00:45 am

Nikki, I have been checking in on caring bridge regularly and was hoping you'd come and share the news.

I hope the going home date comes without any delay and you can get on with being a family in your own surroundings. Ethan has a special place in lots of hearts around here.

laura

Postby laura » Thu Feb 12, 2009 00:41 am

Hey, hey! I know you! I still think of you guys daily. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that Ethan is finally coming home. Please know that we will all be standing with you on that day, in spirit anyway! If loving wishes and prayers were a cure, he'd be 10 feet tall.

I went to his caring bridge site- no baby has the right to be that beautiful. I love the ones where he's sucking his thumb. Please give him a squeeze and kiss from me.

mom2ella

Here goes...

Postby mom2ella » Thu Feb 12, 2009 00:24 am

For those of you who don't know me...here's a little background. My daughter, Ella, was born on May 10, 2007 at 27 weeks due to severe PE and HELLP. She weighed 1lb, 3oz. She passed away at 21 days due to NEC. I became pregnant with my son 6 months later. He stopped growing at 18 weeks and was delivered at 28 weeks, weighing 14.8oz...that's right OUNCES! He was 9.5 inches long.

So, I'm here telling this story again because I looked for these kinds of stories when I was pregnant with Ethan...any kind of hope I could find. I went into the hospital with Ethan at 24 weeks to wait for his heart to stop beating and to be delivered. He would be stillborn they told me. This was less than one year after losing my daughter. We made it four weeks with very little growth and he was delivered due to severe oligo and IUGR. His story is on his carepages...but to make a VERY long story short...he has been through a whole lot. He will be 9 months old on 2/15/09 and will be released from the hospital for the FIRST time on 2/17/09...God willing and preventing any illness or delays. Ethan has a trach and is on a vent for now...but his pulmonologist has every expectation that he will be off of both by the time he's 3. My son has beat ALL of the odds ANY doctor has ever given him. His world famous surgeon told me just this morning that Ethan is a miracle baby if she's ever seen one. Ethan will go home weighing 13lbs, 8oz (as of today) and 23 inches long.

So, please read very carefully moms and dads. NEVER give up hope for your child. I know what it's like to lose a baby and I know what it's like to witness a miracle. I have lived both in a very short period of time. Mine is one of the worst case scenarios and I will be bringing my baby boy home next week. And don't forget that you have friends here every step of the way...just ask them...they will tell you about my journey! ;-)

Love you all. Never thought I would be able to post something like this. Thank you...you'll never know how much you all mean to me!

~Nikki, Ethan and Angel Ella

Return to “Ask the Experienced”