Placental Clots identified...what does it mean?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
candyg

Re : Placental Clots identified...what does it mean?

Postby candyg » Fri Jan 02, 2009 06:48 pm

I haven't been scheduled for another ultrasound...I'm at the hospital again on Monday for an NST, to drop off a 24 urine and more bloodwork. Then I see the doctor on Thursday...If I still ahven't gained any more weight (no real gain in three weeks now...) I'll be insisting on another u/s asap!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Fri Jan 02, 2009 02:18 pm

Candy - that is odd. When do you have your next ultrasound? Anyway to get it moved up?

candyg

Postby candyg » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Update...

Well it turns out that the radiologist didn't even mention the clots or the uterine artery doppler in the reprt to my doctor...it was odd...not even to say everything was fine. I'm not impressed, I was looking forward to some peace of mind...

annamaria

Postby annamaria » Tue Dec 30, 2008 00:22 am

hithere..
im not sure if u have the samething i had.. at 7 weeks they found ablood cooth inthe uterus,, behind the olacenta.. than at 14 weeks i had ableed and than was told ihave two huge blood clothes called hematomas... iwas told i hd avery small chance to carrythe pregnancy and ,, basiclly i was very scared... but i didmybest is tayed onbed rest for few weeks,, ididnt do any activities,, rested and all idi was gotothe washroom an dcome back or the kitchen..
oit was hard but by18 weeks it gotmuch better..and it shranks omuch onthe ultarsoound!! we were so happy!
our baby was born at 26 weeks and few days but was born early becous eof preealmasia and help syndrom..
there is this site about the hematoomas,, helped me getthorugh it
http://www.angelfire.com/home/joeynrobi ... atoma.html
agian im not sure if we have the samething... i wish u all the best!! hugs and rest alot!!

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:55 pm

Hi Candy

I am not an expert on clotting or anything but if I were you I would ask my Doctor if I had a clotting disorder and if so, what can be done about it. I know from previous pregnancies that aspirin and heparin thin the blood. My Doctor thought that it would be a good idea for me to take baby aspirin with Calvin but he ended up being stillborn anyway. :-(

So, I would ask about baby aspirin and heparin and specifically when I could expect to deliver.

I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. I wish you the best of luck.

candyg

Placental Clots identified...what does it mean?

Postby candyg » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:19 pm

I was sent to the hospital for an ultrasound on christmas eve. Although the tech did not talk to me about the uterine artery doppler or placental exam she did...I was able to see her identify several clots in the placenta.

My internet reseach just seems to indicate that this isn't great news...but not what it could mean for our baby's health or how much further I can expect to go before delivery...

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”