protein 8 months post delivery

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
fran

Re : protein 8 months post delivery

Postby fran » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:50 am

Thank you Julie. That makes me feel better. I am going to see my gp on Monday anyway, just to be sure.

I am sorry to read about your loss (your signature).

Thanks again.
Fran

julie f

Postby julie f » Wed Nov 19, 2008 07:19 pm

Fran,

I'm 5 years out from my preeclampsia experience and I still spill protein. I had a 24 hour over the summer and was spilling 198mg. My peri explains that it's from damage to the kidneys during my preeclamptic pregnancy and is my new "norm." I'm told that for day-to-day issues, it's not a big deal and it's not worth seeing the nephrologist. Before another pregnancy though, my peri would have me on medication to help reduce it. (Prior to my 2nd pregnancy, I was on lisinopril to reduce proteinuria.)

fran

Postby fran » Mon Nov 17, 2008 03:26 pm

Hi Caryn,
Thanks for your reply. They did another 24 hr sample and it was within normal range, just curious as to how long it can take for protein to get back to what it was pre-pregnancy. I had neg protein at the beginning of my preg on dipsticks, but just feel it is taking an awfully long time to get back to that now. My bp was normal again after about 4 weeks post delivery.
Just wondered if there was a norm, although I know nothing with pe is 'normal'.

Will give my gp a ring and see what he says.

Thanks
Fran x

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sat Nov 15, 2008 05:17 pm

Fran, if you've been evaluated by a nephrologist, and the nephrologist has said everything is normal, then they know a whole lot more about your individual condition than we do!

Have they done another 24-hour?

fran

protein 8 months post delivery

Postby fran » Sat Nov 15, 2008 09:22 am

Hi All,

Just wondering if it is normal to still have 1+ protein on a dipstick 8 months post delivery?

They have ruled out all underlying conditions and renal problems. My bp has gone back to normal, but they said my protein should return to normal within 6 months of delivery. Should I push for more tests?

Thanks
Fran

Return to “Ask the Experienced”