NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
surefoott
Registered User
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 00:05 am

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Postby surefoott » Thu Oct 16, 2008 02:58 pm

Yep, I'm with ALL the others.....have that baby!!!! I'm so happy for you Jen, it's here already! Looking from the outside, you had the fastest pregnancy ever!!! I still remember your first post.

Best wishes, Jen; can't wait till you're holding that little guy in your arms. You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow and I'll be looking for an update from ya!

lorelei
Registered User
Posts: 3788
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:17 am

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Postby lorelei » Thu Oct 16, 2008 02:53 pm

Both of mine were born at 37 weeks exactly and both of them had no breathing issues or anything and roomed in. Good luck, I will be thinking of you!

trish
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2949
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 05:36 pm

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Postby trish » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:09 am

I'm with everyone else - have that baby! :) Better safe than sorry.

shadow2356
Registered User
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:26 pm

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Postby shadow2356 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:06 am

Good luck tomorrow!! It is nice that you will be alert to see your son.

sonja
Forum Moderator
Posts: 5658
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 02:00 pm

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Postby sonja » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:30 am

Run Jennifer, Run!!

I am a total proactive gal, I don't like waiting for bad things to happen, I like to nip them in the bud.

You will be in all of our thoughts Friday morning. Have a wonderful restful day.

blythe
Registered User
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:24 am

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Postby blythe » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:18 am

Even as a "natural birth" gal here, I agree with what everyone else has said so far. I even induced with #2 when my bps went up at 36 1/2 weeks because I didn't want to wait around and risk getting sicker. My 36 1/2 week guy did better than my 37 week firstborn.

The only thing I can add is that is that it sounds like your doc is exactly who I would want - someone who would give me full informed consent and *choice* when there is one - even if that choice has only a small chance. From some other VBAC moms' stories I've read, some feel they have to at least "try" the VBAC. From what you've posted, you've been afraid of the repeat section, but I haven't heard you begging for a VBAC.

I'm sorry I don't have time to grab references for you, but my memory says VBACs under the best circumstances have a 1% placental abruption rate. Also, since would be induced, your chance of a completed VBAC is lower than someone who goes into labor naturally, and your doctor suggested you will probably need a section anyway.

All that being said, if you feel you have to "try", talk to your doctor again, seriously, about the risks and any benefits of a possible VBAC. If you do have that burning desire and just haven't voiced it, and your doctor truly supports it and thinks it's safe for you and baby, I personally would try (but remember, I'm the "natural birth / birth experience" gal).

If you don't have that burning desire, I would sign up for the repeat section, but again that's just me ;->. Good luck with whatever you decide! I'm praying for a healthy mama, healthy baby, birth story either this week or next!


jen44
Registered User
Posts: 765
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 00:25 am

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Postby jen44 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 09:58 am

you all have made me feel so much better about our decision! my gut was telling me to go ahead with this tomorrow but i really needed to hear some others who've BTDT -- so thank you!!!

i really could not have gone through this pregnancy without you all, coming here has been invaluable support and given me the courage to do this.

24 hours to go... omg, i can't even believe it!

annes
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2527
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:53 am

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Postby annes » Thu Oct 16, 2008 08:43 am

My Doc and I agreed that at 35 weeks, even with me having no issues, Clover was not growing really well and he took that as a sign I wold probably get sick and we did the c-section. No regrets here. she did spend 2 weeks in the NICU and that was tough, but she was healthy and I was healthy and I feel good about that decision. Good luck.

mikeys mom
Registered User
Posts: 1331
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 07:40 am

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Postby mikeys mom » Thu Oct 16, 2008 07:12 am

I have to agree. If you are already so swollen then I would be scared to just over night become sick. Also who knows if the baby would really benefit if the environment they are in is getting unhealthy... Does that make sense? I think it is perfectly normal to be scared and unsure! Good Luck and we can't wait to see pictures of this new baby!!!!!!!!

missgamecock
Registered User
Posts: 6064
Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 06:34 pm

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Postby missgamecock » Thu Oct 16, 2008 06:36 am

If it were me, I would do it. I completely agree with NICU time for observation versus being sick. If I happen to make it that far, I plan on doing the same thing.


Return to “Ask the Experienced”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests