Need a Doctor in Minneapolis!!!!!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
pennyg

Re : Need a Doctor in Minneapolis!!!!!

Postby pennyg » Sun Sep 28, 2008 01:53 am

Sorry for your loss Carrie :(

jenanderson

Postby jenanderson » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:29 pm

So sorry, that sucks big time. Feel free to contact me whenever at the address above.

sarab
Site Admin

Postby sarab » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:44 am

Oh, Carrie, I'm so sorry.

quincyf

Postby quincyf » Sat Sep 27, 2008 08:33 am

Oh, hi Carrie, I just sort of checked into this thread now b/c it seemed local. I fly for a major airline, domestic, but did fly international when I was pregnant with my first in 2004. WIth this one, I went on sick list as soon as I found out I was pregnant. Probably end up furloughed by the time I am ready to return anyway. I am so sorry to hear about your difficulties with Charlie and your recent m/c.
Doctors and flying are an interesting combo...I had a strange situation with my first OB who told me she was fine with me flying at a preconception consult but when I actually ended up pregnant freaked out and refused to sign a note to allow me to fly. This pregnancy was completely different, and while they were willing to sign a note once I was proven not ectopic, I was too nauseous to go back...so they gladly signed the note saying not fit to fly. It was my choice, and should be...how can any doctor tell you that you are fit to fly when you don't feel fit? The FAA is pretty clear on this. I always try to remember that at the end of the day, it is my ticket that is on the line if something goes wrong, you know?

Oh, I just saw your last post, I am SO sorry. I wish I had gone to a MFM earlier, and I highly recommend it too!

Good luck, if you want to contact me directly my email is glexchick@gmail.com (I used to fly global expresses and GIV's while I was on furlough).

Q

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sat Sep 27, 2008 00:34 am

Ah, Carrie, that sucks. I'm sorry, and I hope you can find good care soon.

cccsoupe

Postby cccsoupe » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:36 pm

To Everyone-

Thanks for your response. I will be contacting some of you privately. Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage again since my post. So, I definitely do need to find a good DR to help me with my past history of PE and to help me understand why I can't stay pregnant. Thanks!

catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby catherine » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:21 am

AND you are not alone, we've at least one other pregnant pilot (Quincy) on the board right now and one of our moderator emeriti is a retired helicopter pilot (ARJ).

So welcome, and let us know if you have sucess finding an OB practice that meets your needs.

grace04

Postby grace04 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:47 am

HI there - I am from Minneapolis - you can email me at jaime@preeclampsia.org and I can give you the name of a few docs.

Thanks!

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Wed Sep 24, 2008 08:12 pm

Hi! I'm in the St Cloud area, so probably not a lot of help in the doc department unless you like to drive. But, welcome to the forums!

jenanderson

Postby jenanderson » Wed Sep 24, 2008 07:44 pm

Hi there, I'm not sure where you are located, but I did like a few of the doc's in the practice I went to. If you want to email me when can chat more that way.
jenanderson15@msn.com

Return to “Ask the Experienced”