THANK YOU ALL and a Gemma Update

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
audrey s.

Re : THANK YOU ALL and a Gemma Update

Postby audrey s. » Mon Jul 20, 638308 12:00 am

Kelly, this is GREAT news. She's beautiful! Lots of growth vibes coming your way for your little peanut! What do the other monkeys think of her?

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Fri Jul 10, 638308 9:23 pm

Kelly...many, many blessings to you and your sweet Gemma. Please take it easy and I wish you a quick recovery.

anthonyleah12

Postby anthonyleah12 » Fri Jul 10, 638308 8:42 pm

Congrats! I am so happy for you and your family!!!!

patty

Postby patty » Fri Jul 10, 638308 8:17 pm

I love the name and I am so happy you and her are doing so well!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Fri Jul 10, 638308 8:05 pm

What a happy ending.

Congratulations!

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Fri Jul 10, 638308 8:04 pm

Glad everything is going well for you and baby!

melly

Postby melly » Fri Jul 10, 638308 6:20 pm

I'm so happy you are both doing so well and are home already! My 36 weeker was only 5 lbs...what a big girl you have! I saw her pic on your blog, she's just beautiful! Congratulations!

blythe

Postby blythe » Fri Jul 10, 638308 5:57 pm

(((hugs))) Kelly! I'm so happy for you!!!

herewegoagain

Postby herewegoagain » Fri Jul 10, 638308 5:55 pm

Congratulatons! Gemma is a beautiful name! So glad that she is doing so well. Wow, goes to show how a good OB (as well as a pro-active and informative Mom) can make all the difference. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

kelly w

THANK YOU ALL and a Gemma Update

Postby kelly w » Fri Jul 10, 638308 5:27 pm

I just wanted to thank you all for your kind words, support, insight, and congrats during and after our birth this past weekend!

It was definitely a roller coaster, but what a fantastic outcome!

"Gemma Veronica" was born at 5:02pm Saturday and she weighed 5lbs 8 oz and was 17 inches long. Nobody told her she was a preemie apparently and she still hasn't figured it out - she breathed just fine and has nursed like a little maniac from day one. She had a Ped appt today and the doc said "This baby acts like a 37 weeker, I can't believe how well she's doing!" It has just been amazing.

The OB was telling us this week that with the knot she had tied in her cord [it was a "true" knot and very tight!], she probably wouldn't have made it much longer, so it is really good we induced when we did. Add in the cord prolapse and the crazy BP - gosh, I'm just SO grateful I had an excellent, proactive OB this time. I really do think she saved our lives.

We joked the whole pregnancy about "Gamma Ray" having super powers, and really - she does! How else to explain how she survived and then has done so well?! I'm amazed, truly, and so grateful.

Anyway, I always thought I'd really regret it if I ever had a C-Section, but in this case it was so *obviously* necessary that it doesn't bother me one bit - I'm just so glad they were on the ball and able to get it done in time [it was 7 minutes from the time they found the cord prolapse to the time they had her OUT!].

Recovery has been a real witch - can't say I'm enjoying that part. My blood pressure is remaining high but "manageable" [as in 140/90-ish] compared to last time when they waited so long to induce and it was running 180s-200s/120s for 3 weeks post partum.... again, I am SO grateful to my OB for not waiting so long this time!!!!

Anyway, thank you all. I'm sure many of you feel the same way, but I can't even express how much all of your help and support have meant to me over these past months [years really...LOL!]. Thank you all so much!

And Gemma says "Hey Y'all!!!!"

Kelly

Return to “Ask the Experienced”