Anyone else out there on bedrest?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
ilovecow

Re : Anyone else out there on bedrest?

Postby ilovecow » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:26 am

I'm on bedrest! I've been on bedrest since about 29 1/2 weeks. I'm 35 1/2 weeks now... so I don't have much further to go! I'm being induced next week. The thing that has helped me the most is having a schedule. I know that sounds weird since I am confined to bed... but it really helps me and suits my personality. For example:
8:00 am read newspaper
9:00 am shower
10:00 write correspondence (e-mails and letters)
11:00 shop for baby announcements
etc.etc.

This could drive some people crazy, but for me having a planned schedule everyday helped me to feel like I was being productive and that every day has a purpose. If I am just laying around watching TV, I'd get depressed pretty quickly. Again, a lot of this is just my personality... so you know yourself best and can come up with a plan to keep your sanity in the upcoming months. If you are a very social person, you may want to try to arrange to have a visitor every evening or try to make at least two phone calls a day to friends. You get the idea. ;)

I've never used this service, but I have heard reference to it before. There is a website called Sidelines that helps women on bedrest connect with other women on bedrest. If you are looking for a support network, that might be a great place to check out!

I'm sorry you are on bedrest and I hope the time passes quickly and you have a healthy baby at the end of it all. :)

willow&sam

Postby willow&sam » Mon Jul 21, 2008 08:14 am

Give me a few hours and I might be!!! I see the OB this am and I don't think she's going to be too happy with what's been going on (contractions, cramps, GI stuff) this week. I guess we'll see what the cervix looks like and take it from there. Prayers for a nice closed cervix would be appreciated.

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Mon Jul 21, 2008 07:32 am

Well, give me about 2-3 weeks. :) I'm coming up on my 'usual' bedrest time...

Do you have good physical support where you are to help you through bedrest with the other kiddos around?

Kelly

ann marie

Anyone else out there on bedrest?

Postby ann marie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 07:00 am

Anyone else out there on bedrest? I'm looking for some bedrest buddies to help get me through the next few months.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”