How long for zoloft to kick in?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
summerw77

Re : How long for zoloft to kick in?

Postby summerw77 » Tue May 06, 638302 4:43 pm

Hope that does the trick! Anxiety is horrible, I know! I have it too! Hoep you get it under control.

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Tue May 06, 638302 7:55 am

Glad you called and hope it helps!!

jenseib

Postby jenseib » Tue May 06, 638302 7:17 am

I called the doctor and she wants me to up the dosage next week to 100 mg. I haven't gained a lot of weight in this pregnancy (only 17 lbs.) and I'm 6 1/2 months along. So I'll keep you all posted and let you know if this new dosage works.
Thanks for your responses.

jen44

Postby jen44 » Mon May 05, 638302 11:38 pm

I agree with Kara and also think I've read that the higher blood volumes can add to needing more medication to get the same result when not pregnant. I know my 75mg of effexor isn't as effective pregnant as it is when I'm not and I think it's the weight/blood volume difference, plus all those extra hormones running around!

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Mon May 05, 638302 6:09 pm

Jen,

I think Zoloft (an SSRI) can take up to 4 weeks to kick in. I'm sure everyone is different of course, but that's kind of the average. So you may need more, or you may need more time. Either way, I'd call and ask your doctor what he/she thinks. Have you gained a lot of weight with the pregnancy? That and/or hormones may have some impact requiring different dosage, I suppose.

Let us know what you here. Not sleeping well is NO fun!

jenseib

How long for zoloft to kick in?

Postby jenseib » Mon May 05, 638302 2:35 pm

Hi Everyone,
My OB recently prescribed zoloft for my anxiety and trouble sleeping. I've been on 50 mg for the past three weeks and the anxiety just returned and the last two nights I haven't slept very well.
Let me also tell you, I was put on Zoloft for PPD with my son and that very medication and that dosage worked wonders. Could it be that I need more while pregnant? Any answers, would be greatly appreciated.
Jen

Return to “Ask the Experienced”