Clare Elizabeth's Birth - UPDATE

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
amanda
Forum Moderator

Re : Clare Elizabeth's Birth - UPDATE

Postby amanda » Sun May 11, 2008 09:11 pm

That does sound totally painful! EGH! I am glad that you feel much better though. I LOVE Claire Elizabeth's name - saw the picture on other post, she is beautiful!

staceynw

Clare Elizabeth's Birth - UPDATE

Postby staceynw » Sun May 11, 2008 08:17 pm

* * * * * * * UPDATE 5/14 * * * * * * *

We were released from the hospital late Monday afternoon . . . both of us!!! It felt odd leaving the hospital with a baby! Clare had slight jaundice by the time we left. Today on recheck at our clinic, her bilirubin was up enough to warrant having a bili blanket (13.5), so home health came with that tonight. Clare is eating okay and is a pretty mellow baby. I can definately tell the difference between a 30-weeker and a 37-weeker when it comes to the development of their nervous system and their "stimulation" level.! As for me, OMG, I am so freaking SORE!!! I feel like someone steamrolled me . . . or, to put it bluntly, went fishing for my tonsils through my vagina!!!! I have really sharp pains near both ovaries (probably from the tubal) and a lot of cramping pain to the mid abdomen. I'm thankful I've found a mild narcotic that doesn't make me sick and in combination with ibuprofen it helps tremendously. . . I don't know what I'll do when I run out.

Thanks for all the well wishes and congratulations!!! We all appreciate the support.

* * * * * * * * * Previous Post * * * * * * * *

Hi everyone. Sorry for my absense. I finally got my hands on a laptop and a few minutes to post. It will probably be long. I was scheduled for my C-section on Friday, and that went off without a hitch. I got a little panicky in the OR and hyperventilated a bit, but they gave me anxiety meds after Clare was out. Like Kara said, she was 6 lb 7 oz and 18.5 inches long. She hasn't fussed or cried much at all. She is slightly jaundice today, but not bad enough for intervention. She was very healthy and fully mature.

I did not formally get diagnosed with Preeclampsia this time, even though my blood pressures were creeping up there with diastolics in the upper 90's & 100s and protein over 300. . . . I suppose because I'm chronic hypertensive they assumed it was just that.

I was hoping for a better experience this time, but unfortunately, it was as bad or worse than my experience with Kayce. All was well until a few hours after the c-section. Then they noticed I was having large clots and bleeding too heavy from the uterus, because it was not contracting and stopping the bleeding. SOOO, if you've ever heard a horror story about being manually "cleaned out" then you know what I'm about to tell you . . . It was by far the worst pain I've experienced in my whole life, and they did it twice!! I screamed bloody murder the whole time. They literally were up to their elbow in uterus pulling out clots. Unfortunately, there was one they couldn't get. So, after 8 hours of bleeding, they took me back to the OR to do a D&C. I would have prefered they had done that in the firs place.

Thankfully, I'm a fast healer. Saturday was an aweful day, but after a good night's sleep, I feel perky today. And, because my hemoglobin was 9 and my hematocrit was 27, they gave me 2 units of blood today because they know I don't absorb iron well. Tommorrow I should feel a little better and I suspect we will all go home tomorrow. I'm nervous about having the baby at home with a jealous 14-month-old.

Thanks for the support!!!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”