Getting Pregnant Again Please Respond!!!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
annoited

Re : Getting Pregnant Again Please Respond!!!

Postby annoited » Thu May 08, 2008 02:59 pm

thanks neslo, i just joined the grief & loss board and posted a topic.
Thank you all for the encouragements. i cant express myself my pain to my family members or friends because most of them dont even understand what i went through or going through.

neslo

Postby neslo » Thu May 08, 2008 02:30 pm

Annointed - I'm so sorry for your loss!!! There is a wonderful grief and loss board if you need to share.

My MFM said to wait 2 - 3 cycles before trying again. I hope it all works out for you. There are a bunch of us on the ttc board in various stages of the process. Come join us there. It's a great support group. We are just starting the ttc process in May - if all goes well.

amyjayne

Postby amyjayne » Thu May 08, 2008 02:23 pm

Like the other women said I would wait until talking to a peri. That way you know what may have contributed to your pre-e.
Praying for you and your husband and I'm so sorry for your loss!
God bless!
Amy

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:04 am

Believe it or not, some of "us" (though I tied my tubes after 1). With proper care and knowledge, you have a far better chance at a good pregnancy! And at least after your pre-consult, you will know what to expect. Each person gets different information based on their medical history, and different treatment.

annoited

Postby annoited » Thu May 08, 2008 10:38 am

Thanks. i am definately hanging in the board room from today onwards till i get pg again, have my baby and even afterwards to support other people as well.
I had to have an emergency c-section to deliver my daughter thinking it was the best option of keeping here but i guess God knows best.
We have also scheduled an appointment to see a perinatologist at the end of the month. i was actually put on lovenox for 6weeks which should end in 2days.
men! why cant some of us just have smooth pregnancies?

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:17 am

I would HIGHLY recommend a pre-pregnancy consult with a Perinatologist (Maternal-Fetal Medicine Doctor). They will test you for underlying disorders, and tell you when it is safe to TTC again. I am SO sorry for your loss, and would hate to see you go through that again if it could be prevented by Levenox or some other treatment. Please try to get a pre-pregnancy consult with an MFM. Where do you live?

Also--if you don't get alot of replies, it might be because you are int he announcements section (don't worry not a problem) but you may want to repost this under Ask the Experienced if you don't get enough relpies!

I hope that you hang around our board during your pregnancy so that if you have any questions about lab work, etc, you have support and answers .We also have a greif and loss board, for support, for those who have lost. Sadly we have quite a few members there.

Wishing you luck in your next pregnancy, and 9 boring months!

laraeamie

Postby laraeamie » Thu May 08, 2008 10:13 am

I think a lot of it depends on how you delivered and what your doctor advises. I have to have c-sections so I was told to wait 9 months after my daughter Olivia. Have you had a pre-consultation to see if you have any underlying disorders that may have caused the PE?

annoited

Getting Pregnant Again Please Respond!!!

Postby annoited » Thu May 08, 2008 10:01 am

How soon is it advisable to try getting pregnant after a PE epsiode? I developed PE at 51/2mths (first pregnancy) and as expected the baby had to be delivered, she lived for 48hrs and finally gave up. it's been a month and half since this happened and my BP has finally stabilized through the grace of God.
My doc said i can start trying again after getting two regular periods. What is your suggestion? is 2mths too early to start trying again or do you advise we wait a little longer?
We conceived our first baby on the 3rd trial of IUI after trying to conceive for almost 2yrs. Do you think we will need to go through fertility treatments again for the next baby? I am so worried and i keep praying that this PE doesnt show up again?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”