Your story - Slow onset / Fast onset of PE??

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
celticepona

Re : Your story - Slow onset / Fast onset of PE??

Postby celticepona » Sat Apr 05, 2008 06:14 pm

I really don't know. I have no idea what my protien was. they never told me. All I know was my pressures were up @ 34 weeks. By 36 weeks I was really hyperreflexic, with excruciating headaches and nervous system problems. They induced me exactly at 37 weeks on the day...all I knew was it took me MONTHS to recover from my PE nightmare.....

me2wired

Postby me2wired » Fri Apr 04, 2008 09:52 pm

My blood pressure had been elevated (160's + over 100 +'s) for 2 weeks and I had swelling where I gained 15 lb. in 2 weeks. But besides that, was feeling okay. The day I delivered I crashed very quickly. The intense pain that started at 6:00 pm resulted in an emergency c-section by 10 pm. My blood platelets fell to 40k and my liver enzyme skyrocketed. This was my 3rd pregnancy, no history of pre-e or HELLP before.

me2wired

Postby me2wired » Fri Apr 04, 2008 09:50 pm

My blood pressure had been elevated (160's + over 100 +'s) for 2 weeks and I had swelling where I gained 15 lb. in 2 weeks. But besides that, was feeling okay. The day I delivered I crashed very quickly. The intense pain that started at 6:00 pm resulted in an emergency c-section by 10 pm. My blood platelets fell to 40k and my liver enzyme skyrocketed. This was my 3rd pregnancy, no history of pre-e or HELLP before.

crystalw

Postby crystalw » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:56 pm

BING BANG BOOM! thats my story.. :(

diego de jesus

Postby diego de jesus » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:16 pm

I would consider mine as extremely fast!! I was fine at 12:00 noon and went to extremely bad at 4:30 in the afternoon, delivered my baby at 9p.m that night. No time for steroids my beautiful baby only lasted three days. I hope that if I get another chance it wont happen this way[V]

staceynw

Postby staceynw » Thu Apr 03, 2008 03:52 pm

Cheryl and Arc07. . . I'm so very sorry that you both experienced the loss of your children as a result of your early and fast onset of PE. Thanks for sharing your stories with me!

There is hope for subsequent pregnancies. . . I developed PE last time at 25 weeks, hospitalized, and delivered at 30. . . As of tomorrow I'm 32 weeks and not considered pre-eclamptic.. . . Just superimposed PIH on chronic hypertension and being watched like a hawk.

frumiousb

Postby frumiousb » Thu Apr 03, 2008 06:24 am

Mine was fast, I guess.

At 21 weeks the baby was measuring just fine. I had been having problems with lots and lots of false contractions and my bp was borderline high. (135/80-- they didn't tell me that at the time or I would have known something was wrong. I'm normally 100/60.) At 24 weeks I woke up with my hands swelling and severe URQ. I was spilling +17 (17,000 by US standards.) We discovered that the baby must have literally stopped growing right after the ultrasound on the 21st, because she was off-the-charts small. They tried to get me to a point where they felt she could survive, but she died in utero just as the HELLP starting kicking in.

Hoping it will be slower and milder in a subsequent. Don't get that far yet.

Cheryl

arc07

Postby arc07 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:55 pm

Mine was fast onset as well. I had gone in for the big US to find out the gender of my baby on a Monday...started swelling that morning before the appointment pretty bad. My protein was only +1 at the time. My blood pressure was slightly high, but not alarming. My ob had me start a 24 hour urine and come back to get labs drawn two days later. Well the swelling got worse, I developed headaches, dizziness, vomiting, vision problems...I checked into the hospital two days later(Wednesday). My bp was slightly elevated like 160s/90's. My protein however was 11,000 mg.They decided to induce me and I delivered Madelyn stillborn 3 days later on Saturday at 22 weeks pregnant. My bp actually got worse after delivery before it went down about a week later. Those were the worst 2 weeks of my life. :(

ozierja

Postby ozierja » Mon Mar 31, 2008 08:17 am

I am another bing bang boom. I felt fine, went for a 6 month check up and BP was 210/114. I was sent to L&D and 5 days later had c-sect. Luckily the first thing L&D did was to start my 2 steriod shots (among other things like anesthesia consult). They knew I would not last long even though I was totally blindsided.

mahmasara

Postby mahmasara » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:49 pm

I had PIH throughout my pregnancy, but it was never high enough to need meds. It averaged around 135/90. When I was 30w 4d, I got a headache. I took Tylenol, drank some coke and it wouldn't go away. I looked in "What to Expect..." and it said to call my dr. if headaches didn't go away in 4 hours. Called the doc and she said to go to the hospital and get checked. BP was fine, no protein in my urine, but when they pressed on my feet (I can't remember what it was called) but my feet hesitated to correct. I was sent home on bedrest and taking a tylenol a day. That was a Wednesday. The following Monday was my follow-up. My BP wasn't high but my urine dip was off the stick. I was immediately sent to the hospital. While there, my BP jumped to 226/128 at it's highest. I was sent to a hospital that had an NICU. I was put on mag-sulf. and had to do the 24 hour urine test. The results of which were 7000. I delivered via c-section at 31w 4d...I say my onset was fast, but there were signs of it before hand. BTW, I didn't start swelling until I was in the hospital. After I delivered, I had "Hobbit feet".

Return to “Ask the Experienced”